HikaMarket beta !

• Thank you received: 14
11 years 5 months ago #74582

After a long time, the HikaMarket beta version is now accessible !

For the moment, the HikaMarket beta is only accessible thanks to our demo website .
But it is possible to ask for become a private beta tester and receive (by email) the HikaMarket beta package.

HikaMarket requirements:
- HikaShop 2.0 (starter, essential or business)
- Joomla 1.5, 2.5 or 3.0
- PHP 5

Beta tester requirements:
- Have a valid HikaShop license (essential or business)

2012/12/10 - The private beta test is now closed

If you want to become a private beta tester, you can mail jerome[at]hikashop.com
We might not accept everyone for this beta test, people with a Market (multi-vendor) project would have a better priority.

But every-one can now test HikaMarket on our demo website, report bugs on the dedicated section or talk about his (current and future) features.

Thanks for your support and your patience !

Jerome

- HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer -
Obscurelighty / Otree / Opload javascript libraries
www.obsidev.com | Software development company
Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by Jerome.
The following user(s) said Thank You: fafamaster, komir, ssnobben
The topic has been locked.
  • Thank you received: 2
11 years 5 months ago #74612

Good job
Best regards

Last edit: 11 years 5 months ago by komir.
  • Thank you received: 12
11 years 5 months ago #74631

Good Job !!!!

I'll be a beta tester!

Have you any idea of the release date?

Thank you and congratulations!

The following user(s) said Thank You: Jerome
  • Thank you received: 13
11 years 5 months ago #74975

When someone buy a vendor products, who generets the invoice? The marketplace (the website) or the vendor?

The invoice system is managed by Hikashop? So I can have the invoice numberation just developed for Hikashop 2.0?

How can a user register as vendor?

• Thank you received: 4004
11 years 5 months ago #75012

Hi,

HikaMarket have a sub-orders feature.
When a customer buy something in the store and if there is some vendor product, HikaMarket would create several sub-orders : One per vendor.
Each vendor would be able to access to is dedicated sub-order and modified it (only the order status for the moment).
Vendors are notified by email too, in their emails.
The sub-orders contains only vendor products, so a vendor can't see the complete order, it does not know if the customer have bought other articles.

A user can register as a vendor if the option is activated.
There is a vendor registration form. After registration, the administration have to validate the vendor account (to publish it).
HikaMarket have an option to automatically publish vendor after registration, more option would come in the future.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
  • Thank you received: 0
11 years 5 months ago #76169

Hi Guy's

Good to hear that you are also adding a multi vendor option :)

I take it that you will be supporting Paypal Adaptive?

Regards

Joe

Last edit: 11 years 5 months ago by zemadeiran.
11 years 5 months ago #76172

Hi,

The paypal adaptive plugin would not be include in the first release of HikaMarket, but it is planned for the next one, in January.
This first version gives the multi-vendor base and is more focused on the front-end edition.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

The following user(s) said Thank You: ssnobben
11 years 5 months ago #76173

I'd really like to become a beta tester. I'm ex-IT and have worked with php and oracle for many years.

Thanks

11 years 5 months ago #76176

Thanks Jerome,

How will the payments be handled in regards to % and paying the vendors?

11 years 5 months ago #76203

Hi Daricha,

There is no problem if you want to become a beta tester, you have an valid HikaShop license so it's ok.
Can you just send me an email with your testing configuration ? (php version and joomla version).
And I will send you the latest beta package by email.

Thanks !

Hi Zemadeiran,

HikaMarket have a fee system. You can configure default fees for your vendor, you can override fee configuration for a specific vendor and you can override the fee configuration for a specific product.
Fee configuration is base on a percentage and a fixed value. You can configure the fee depending the currency and depending the quantity.
You can try and test the HikaMarket configuration panel in our demo website, just go in the backend (login as demo) and open the HikaMarket menu.
You would found it in the main configuration, in the vendor configuration and in the HikaShop product edition.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

• Thank you received: 4
11 years 5 months ago #76210

Hi

I just saw that HikaShop 2.0 is J 3.0 responsive? This demo demo.hikashop.com/ HikaShop multivendor? is not responsive or what do you mean by responsive?

All the best.

rgds

11 years 5 months ago #76218

Hi,

HikaShop 2.0 is compatible with Joomla 3.0
Joomla 3.0 includes bootstrap and Joomla 3.0 templates are "responsives". It is a short name for "responsive web design".
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Responsive_web_design

So, website with Joomla 3.0 and responsive template could be displayed directly (without specific development or modification) in computers, tablets and smartphones.

HikaMarket is compatible with Joomla 3.0 too and would be responsive too.
Our demo website use Joomla 2.5 and does not use a responsive design, so our components (HikaShop, HikaSerial and HikaMarket) does not use the responsive feature.

After that, the demo website is not fully configure with multi-vendors.
The user "demo" have some front-end access, so you can edit products and orders when you are logged with this user.

The multi-vendor would be configured fully in few days, we have to finalize some points before display them through or demo website.
But in the backend you can create a vendor, create a Joomla user and assign him to the vendor to test the features.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

• Thank you received: 4
11 years 5 months ago #76313

Our demo website use Joomla 2.5 and does not use a responsive design, so our components (HikaShop, HikaSerial and HikaMarket) does not use the responsive feature.

Thanks that explain when I quick looked at the demo..

Best regards!

• Thank you received: 2
11 years 5 months ago #76530

What is procedure to register new vendor?
Can it be done from the front:
-new vendor register
-add new categories (vendor)
-add product (vendor)
-change or add new tax category (vendor)
-manage his customers

When customer is register on one vendor shop, is it automatically register to all shops on market (like on ebay)?

Best regards

11 years 5 months ago #76546

Hi,

new vendor register
Yes. There is a registration form.
And the vendor edition panel allows to edit users accesses.
add new categories (vendor)
Not yet, but the feature is in development.
add product (vendor)
Yes. Vendor cpanel > product listing > new product
change or add new tax category (vendor)
The product edition allows to selec the tax category but it's not possible to edit or add them.
manage his customers
Not the customers. What do you want to do with customer edition ?

There is no multiple shops, there is one single shop with several vendors.
One customer could see all products of all vendors.
It's like "amazon" (with external sellers) or "ebay".

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

11 years 5 months ago #76820

With development and integration of some third party extensions, I am hoping HikaMarket might be able to do the following:

1. Sell account creation to individual vendors. This might be accomplished through Akeeba subscription. - done
  2. Super User then set-up of vendor account but automated would be nice.
  3. Each vendor then has front end access to their product creation. - done
  4. Each vendor front end access to existing categories (done) and category creation (planned).
  5. Frontend ACL so:
  • unregistered users cannot see any store content (done);
  • when each vendor is logged in, that vendor can ONLY see their own store (I think I can do this with ACL Manager If I create a separate user group for each vendor);
  • Each vendor can assign view only access to existing registered users of ONE user group but cannot access nor see the other user groups - don't want that much access for each vendor.
  • Reports generate at designated intervals(maybe through a cron) to be emailed to:
    • Super Admin to convey activity.
    • a specific user group to convey vendor activity - vendor A has made xx additions, xx deletions, etc.
    • the vendor themselves to convey vendor activity - it's been xx days since you've added any products.
    • Reports that calculate the worth of each vendor store.
    [/ol]

DO you think any of these Reports are possible?

Pretty Good Designs | prettygooddesigns.com | Hey, that's pretty good!
    11 years 5 months ago #76846

Hi,

In HikaShop 1.5.9, we added the new report system.
    The report is now working with widgets and high custom options.
    During the implementation, we thought about HikaMarket and the front-end possibilities.
    I think it would be possible to have report widget in the front-end, like in the back-end. After that, the cron-mail could be possible yes. I don't know exactly how but I will think about it.

Thanks for your ideas, I will put them into my TODO list for HikaMarket :)

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

11 years 5 months ago #76948

That's great!!

I am thinking Super Admin manages the site and the sale of the services to the vendors. Then a "team" admin to manage groups of vendors and this Team admin can be selected by each vendor and changed at will. Thus, the need for the emailed reports. But I am really looking at this as a catalog option rather than sales so the worth of the store takes priority since there won't be any report of sales needed.

I have been waiting a long time for an extension to come this close. It is very exciting! Thanks for all your hard work. :D

Pretty Good Designs | prettygooddesigns.com | Hey, that's pretty good!
    11 years 4 months ago #80094

Jerome, all

I need some advice. When we speak of a multi-vendor application I think it can have at least 2 meanings:

1. A website for a vendor to come in and sell his own product on our HikaMarket website. (The current direction of HikaMarket as it seems)
    2. A vendor who sells the HikaShop products but receives these products at a wholesale price and they sell these products in their own personal marketplace. (Their own website, or physical store not related to the HikaShop store)

I need a solution for #2 in particular (not that #1 isn't useful to me as it is). I need a way for a vendor to come in and order his products (at wholesale ($15) then we ship that order to him and he sells it on his own at $30 (retail). In the sense of having multiple vendors, I need to manage all of my vendors ordering my product at wholesale, and for them to print their own invoices and for us to understand what items have been ordered at wholesale price and where to ship those products to which vendors (Basically reseller account management)

Advice?: Is this some feature I have overlooked in HikaShop, and is this functionality able to be accomplished within HikaMarket?

Thanks Shane

11 years 4 months ago #80099

Hi,

I see your #2 like a "classical" HikaShop use. A retailer is like a client for your store, he would buy products and gives a shipping address.
    Thanks to ACL, you could affect a group to your retailers and at this moment, their could have different prices than the rest of your customers.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

Moderators: Obsidev
    Time to create page: 0.137 seconds