Any way to have a buyer "release" payment?

• Thank you received: 4
  • Hikaauction Standard Hikamarket Multivendor Hikashop Business
3 years 1 week ago #330859

Hi,

Not a crisis item, but I was wondering if there is any way to set up Hikamarket so that buyers pay the store, and then when they receive their item or service, they "release" the payment before it goes to the vendor? Kind of like an Escrow system?

Could I set it up so that only a buyer group could change the state of the order from confirmed to collected, for instance?

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
3 years 1 week ago #330907

Hello,

It requires an interface in HikaShop so a customer can notify that he received an order (which will update the order status).
Afterwards, in HikaMarket you need to tweak the valid order statuses so you won't have "confirmed,shipped" but a new order status like "received" or "collected".

Even if I do understand very well the link of such feature with HikaMarket vendor workflow, it will be something directly in the HikaShop customer dashboard (and its order listing) ; like a button when in the order details (and order listing) when the order is "shipped" so the customer can mark it as "collected" or maybe open a dispute.
But with such kind of workflow, you also need something which will update the customer order after a period, so if the customer do nothing (no confirmation or no decline), the vendor is not "penalized".

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

• Thank you received: 4
  • Hikaauction Standard Hikamarket Multivendor Hikashop Business
3 years 1 week ago #330922

Hi,

Thanks! Yes, I was thinking that there had to be some sort of trigger for the payment that was linked to a different order status.

I'll mess around with settings and see if I can figure out how to make it work.

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.058 seconds