Assign image to characteristic

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 6 months ago #26701

Is it possible to assign an image which will be displayed whenever a variant with a certain characteristic is chosen?

so for a characteristic called "colour" you might have "red, green and blu". Would it be possible to assign a red image to "Red" so that any variant with this colour chosen displayed this image.

Is this technicially possible with the way variants are set up in the system? Is it something which may be possible int he future or not?

Thanks,

Phil

Create your own style of luxury bespoke furniture online

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 6 months ago #26703

Just thought, there may be a way to do this with lots of products and characterstic images using the product export/import feature...

12 years 6 months ago #26704

of course, you can set it up on the product page in BO, when you've set the variant, you can add images for each.
your question seems to be very easy, maybe i didn't understand subtlety...

12 years 6 months ago #26706

My question was more to do with setting an image so that it was assigned to a characteristic, this way it would be automatically added to every variant with that characteristic. The reason for asking is that we may have thousands of variants, each of which will need it's own images, and this will take a long time doing each one individually.

I think I've found a way of doing it through importing and exporting products with a csv though. so that should be ok!

Thanks for replying :)

Phil

• Thank you received: 13066
12 years 6 months ago #26722

It's not possible to do it with the interface. I'm not even sure we want to do something complex like that in the future in HikaShop.
Doing it via the export/import sounds the best if it does the job for you.

Time to create page: 0.075 seconds