Problems with USA tax

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 4 months ago #32733

I am having the exact same problem as www.hikashop.com/en/support/forum/2-gene...-version-please.html

Did they ever figure this out? THe only difference is i am doing it with Arizona (not California) at 9.35%. I am ONLY taxing people from Arizona, that's it. I have tried every possible combination and the system either taxes everyone or nobody. Please help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 4 months ago #32738

now all of a sudden i am also back to "no available wharehouse found for your location" (and tax not working)! I have never been so confused in my life, I have literally spent the last 3 days from morning to night trying to figure this tax/shipping thing out. Can someone please tell me who to contact to do this for me or PLEASE just set it up correctly for me??

All I am trying to do is have ONLY Arizona taxed at 9.35% and have the shipping work. That's it. PlEASE HELP or point me to someone who can. I am about ready to tell the client that it cannot be done. Thanks.

• Thank you received: 13060
12 years 4 months ago #32768

Yes the person in that thread was able to configure his taxes following our indications.

So you will be able to do it as well if you follow them.

The "no available wharehouse found for your location" error can happen if the address of the user is outside the zone of the warehouse configured in the UPS plugin. Just remove the zone of your warehouse in your UPS plugin and you won't have the error.

It can surely be done. There is a FAQ here which explains the different causes of taxes not working:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...ion-listing.html#faq
So you should check these points, it must come from one of them.

If you want us to help you, just post screenshots of how your configured your taxes, your main tax zone in the configuration, one of your products tax category and a link to your website so that we can check that.

12 years 4 months ago #32778

Thanks. I have looked through all of those facts numerous times and cannot figure it out. I will send you my login on the other system. Thanks.

12 years 4 months ago #32787

The problem is easy:
You didn't create any tax rule in the menu System->Taxation.
That's the tax rules which link together zones, tax rates and tax category.

Now you have another problem on your website. You configured a discount of $30 for your products. But your products cost only $1, so the price displayed is $-29. I'm not sure what you're trying to do but that's definitely not what you want to do. I've unpublished your discounts so that you can see that the taxes work correctly now.

12 years 4 months ago #32789

Ahhh! No, that was me trying to fix it. I deleted the tax rule. And, the $1 was also after the fact for testing purposes (I put one product to $1 just before logging off-guess I should have done $31 but neither of those effective the problem. Exactly the same problem even after I did those two things. Thanks.

12 years 4 months ago #32793

Also, notice it is still adding tax to everyone (before it even has an address, name, etc). Also it now sends me to a "Error Message
Unable to process payment. Please contact the merchant as the shipping address provided by the merchant is invalid, and the merchant has requested that your order must be shipped to that address." on pay pal.

12 years 4 months ago #32795

Can I please get a response on this asap? I'm going to need to use a different program if I can get this working tomorrow.. Client is waiting to launch the site.

12 years 4 months ago #32814

Hi,

That's because the main tax zone in your configuration is "arizona", so by default the tax is applied. If you change that zone the taxes won't be applied until the user enters his address.

Regarding the PayPal, you should try to toggle the "address override" and "no address" options of the paypal plugin to fix that.Try the 4 combinations and you should have at least one working.

Sorry for the delay but we reply as fast as we can.

12 years 4 months ago #32840

again, the main tax zone is now Arizona but it has been set to every state/country.. Like I stated in my previous threads, I have tried every possible combination imaginable so please do not focus so much on how it is set currently, as I know it is not currently working, just happens to be the settings where i most recently gave up. Please advise.

PS. The Paypal error just started, which tells me it is certainly someing wrong with the way Hikashop is transmitting the address to Paypal, not a setting in Paypal as it was working fine until I was experimenting with ways on how to make the tax work in Hikashop...

12 years 4 months ago #32867

I just tested the taxes on your website and it's working as you said you want it:
before entering the address no taxes are displayed
if the address is in arizona, the tax is applied
if the address is not in arizona, the tax is not applied.
So there is nothing to do. I don't know on what you want me to advise you. If you still have a problem, please explain what it is.

PS: Yes, that's exactly what I said. That the problem was in the configuration of the paypal plugin. I didn't say that the problem was in PayPal. I actually just checked that our your website and I didn't get any paypal error either. The paypal interface for the paypal just displayed fine.

Time to create page: 0.069 seconds