Joomla Smart Search

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 2 months ago #37143

So I was testing out the new smart search in 2.5. I realized that your hikashop is not integrated with it. Non of the results get indexed in the search. Any ideas on when/if this will be implemented?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 315
12 years 2 months ago #37146

I have recently updated my joomla to 2.5 and hikashop to 1.5.6
The search is working fine....

Do you turn on hikashop search plugin?

Я не явлюсь официальной службой поддержки!
Я здесь добровольно!

Хочешь получить купон на скидку Hikashop? Спроси меня как!

12 years 2 months ago #37147

Are you using the old joomla search module or the new smart search one? You have to replace your old module with the new one. It seems that hikashop is not showing up in the new results.

• Thank you received: 315
12 years 2 months ago #37148

I have don't replace anything in joomla. Only upgrade.
How could I turn on smart search?

May be smart search don't work....

So this question is for Nicolas...

Я не явлюсь официальной службой поддержки!
Я здесь добровольно!

Хочешь получить купон на скидку Hikashop? Спроси меня как!

12 years 2 months ago #37209

I have upgraded too and there's no indexation of hikashop informations (products, manufacturers and categories).
The advanced search is partial.

JA

• Thank you received: 13036
12 years 1 month ago #37262

HikaShop does not integrate for now with the smart search of 2.5 or with the captcha system of 2.5.
It's on the todo list. For now, you can use the normal search for HikaShop and the ReCaptcha plugin that we propose on our website.

12 years 1 month ago #38848

Can you give us more precision? I don't see any plugin on your website. I have inactivated Smart Search in Joomla, HikaShop categories search plugin is activated, nothing work now...

12 years 1 month ago #38967

The hikashop products and categories search plugins enable you to get results from products and categories when the users search via the joomla search module.
You should have it in the modules manager.
If the plugins and that module are activated it should work.

• Thank you received: 1
11 years 6 months ago #65703

not to open another thread, i will ask here:

Is Joomla smart search supported yet? ....if not, what kind of dynamic search can be substitution for hikashop?

Regards
Dan

11 years 6 months ago #65704

Hi,

No it's not.
There are several limitations to the joomla smart search which make us hesitant to support it.
First indexation eats a lot of resources with the current implementation and it can severely hinder your website performances. With several thousands of products (where smart search is useful) indexed plus your articles, categories, brands, etc, it might not be possible to even run it on your website.
Second, there is no solution yet for languages without spaces like Japanese or Chinese and the "did you mean" feature only works with English.

The Joomla team is apparently working on solving these problems for 3.x series. So we wanted to wait and see before looking deeper into it.
Also, there were other more pressing features on which we had to work on for HikaShop, you can use the simple search system of Joomla or the HikaShop filters system for more advanced searching, any third party developer could develop such smart search plugin for HikaShop and finally there is the universal live ajax search module which is compatible with HikaShop for dynamic search : offlajn.com/blog/entry/2012/02/10/improv...r-joomla-151725.html

11 years 6 months ago #65706

i think web-shops with several thousands are in minority group, but nevertheless hikashop needs genuine live search bundled with in it.
Waiting for joomla 3.x is not a real solution, rather it is postponing an existing problem. We need dynamic(smart) search in present.

this is just my opinion

11 years 6 months ago #65708

Some users want a multivendor system, some others frontend management, some others responsive design, some others recurring payments. So far, you're the first one really asking for it while multivendor has been requested by many people, almost every week.
As we can't do everything at the same time, we have to prioritize. I'm afraid that smart search is not a priority for now. But thank you for your input. The more people ask for it, the more we'll look at it as a priority.

11 years 6 months ago #65710

I would personally put Mulivendor system on top of the priority list for hikasop, as well as responsive design, so we could say we generally agree on that....i hope one day dynamic search will be native in hikashop, although i think it only needs much less of progamers time to make it work.....

regards
Dan

EDIT: just got an idea, you could put a poll on forum what feature should be first developed, so commercial users could vote for what they really want to be done first.

Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by dado023.

11 years 6 months ago #65733

We agree on everything then.
Multivendor is at the top and it's been several months that we've been working on it.
And yes, smart search would require less work than multivendor.

We already have a pretty clear view of what users most want. It doesn't always match our plans as there are many other factors that we take to determine what's next.
For example, the priority for next release is the compatibility with Joomla 3.0, regardless of whether it would have more or less votes than something else.

11 years 2 months ago #85437

Hello Guys,

So you are saying the more poeple ask for smart search, the more you will prioritize? Then I'm another client of yours asking for smart search.

Why I think it is important ? Lets give a simple example: If you are a client and you are looking for a item that you cant remember the name, cant remember where it was located but you have the item code, you would search that item code through the smart search. But since there is no smart search at all that can find items through the item codes then you just lost another chance to buy.

Regards,

Angel

• Thank you received: 2322
11 years 2 months ago #85462

Hi,

We have a lot of functionalities asked, so we manage the development priority according to the number of people asking for a functionality.
The more people ask something, the more it's important, because it's useful to most of you.

11 years 2 months ago #85483

Hello Guys,

IS there a forum where the functionalities are requested, so I can put my requests?

Regards,

Angel

11 years 2 months ago #85484

this functionality is not only common, but vital to webshop itself, because it enables more sales, and that is the essence of web-shop as angel110785 explained in previous post.
Regards
Dan

• Thank you received: 4004
11 years 2 months ago #85638

Hi,

The feature is already in our TODO list since the first request in this thread.
But as explain several times in this thread, for the moment, this feature does not have an high priority level compared to some other features.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

• Thank you received: 9
  • Hikashop Business Hikashop Essential
10 years 8 months ago #115042

Not relevant.

I'll keep on trying!
Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by gasoline.

Time to create page: 0.152 seconds