Suggestions

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 3 months ago #3740

Hi,

first of all great job nicolas and all the other guys at Hikashop, you have created an amazing product! The support is SUPERB, Ι have seen paid support worse than this. As this is the suggestion/talk forum I thought I'd add some things that I think will improve Hikashop, just to let you and other users hear my thoughts. I am using Virtuemart and osCommerce for a few years and I am real happy with Hika so far.

1) A must-have addition will be setting discounts based on users and not just zone-wise. That way you can have employees or special customers have different discounts through the shop automatically, based on their username and not just by giving coupons.

2) Even though I think you told me it is on the making, a more advance in-shop ACL system would be nice. In a medium business one might want able to limit admin users, for example one user (employee) should be able to change the orders, but not the products or anything else, another one change quantities but not prices etc.

3) Some connection between shipping and payment would be nice. For example if a user asks to pay on delivery, a shipping mode might not offer that, vice versa, if he pays by credit card, maybe the owner would like to limit shipping to the one offering a tracking code.

4) Some simpler, small modules might be nice, for example a tiny cart with just the cart total to put on a corner or a product showcase with popular or custom selected products would be nice additions.

Again, thanks for a great product, I am waiting to see more!

Iosif

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
13 years 3 months ago #3741

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback.
1. That will be available with the ACL support we want to offer soon.

2. That kind of ACL where you restrict administrative capabilities to group of users will come later but it's already planned in the todo list.

3. That's a good idea. No one asked for such things for now... We will see, but that's more soething which we would add in the long run. That's something which can easily be tweaked by changing a bit the code of the plugin concerned but making it via options is more tricky.

4. That's something we planned to add soon as an option in the cart module options. You can already disable a lot in the cart module to the point where you just have the product name and the total.

13 years 3 months ago #3760

Thanks for the reply. Another easy to add improvement would be the ability to filter products by an attribute. For example list all finished items (0 quantity), those that are close off finishing (<5 for example) or every product above or below a price.

13 years 3 months ago #3766

Yes, that's also already in the todo list.

13 years 3 months ago #3771

Words cannot describe how much you rock!

13 years 3 months ago #3933

Hi,

another thing that came to my mind in the update I did today is that you should somehow inform the user that a view has updated and he needs to reset his changes.

For example I enabled credit card owner feature but in the payment view I had made a few changes and therefore had a custom version. Not only the form did not appear, but "Next" did nothing until I noticed the problem and deleted the custom view, as it was showing the old form without the name, but the plugin was expecting one.

13 years 3 months ago #3939

Well, checking if a view has changed or not isn't a trivial problem. I'm not sure how we could do this. As HikaShop stabilizes, you will need that less and less since we include more and more features by default.

13 years 2 months ago #5597

nicolas wrote:

3. That's a good idea. No one asked for such things for now... We will see, but that's more soething which we would add in the long run. That's something which can easily be tweaked by changing a bit the code of the plugin concerned but making it via options is more tricky.

I would also be interested in this feature, but in the latest version it is not yet included, is it? I would really appreciate it if you guys could include it in the future versions! Thanks!

13 years 2 months ago #5600

It's not yet in HikaShop. We didn't had yet the time to look at this feature.

Time to create page: 0.088 seconds