Rename the category_pathway

• Thank you received: 1
10 years 11 months ago #101422

Hi
I read somewhere that category_pathway could be changed to become more URL friendly - something about hidden options. I can't find it in the backend or documentation unless I am searching incorrectly.

Found it in the changelog page
Text reads "We added hidden config options to be able to rename the category_pathway and the related_product parameters of URLs"

While I am on the subject - this is an example of one of my URLS

/shop-categories/product/566-evap-cooler-vent-seals/category_pathway-26

Not very good really for search purposes.

Shop categories has no value, and neither has the number 566/

How can these be changed to something more search friendly.

Thanks for any help

Last edit: 10 years 11 months ago by Huski.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
10 years 11 months ago #101427

Hi,

You need to add a new entry in the table hikashop_config via phpmyadmin with the namekey category_pathway and with the new name you want in the value field in order to change it.

• Thank you received: 1
10 years 11 months ago #101733

2 Questions:

1. Can I stop category_pathway from showing altogether? With adding it to the Hikashop config table, do you mean adding it as another column to the table which currently has 3? Or just another data entry which is what I have currently done. I inserted a record and under category_namekey I put category_pathway and under config_value I put the word "test". Nothing happens on the front end though so not sure if I have done it correctly.

2. Also how do you remove the numbers that show in the URLS - such as 566 in the link /shop-categories/product/566-evap-cooler-vent-seals/category_pathway-26

Thanks

Last edit: 10 years 11 months ago by Huski.

• Thank you received: 13071
10 years 11 months ago #101762

1.a. Yes, you can remov completely category_pathway by turning on the "simplified breadcrumb" option of the configuration.

1.b. You need to add another data entry to the table. If you don't see the change, it's potentially because of caching on your website.

2. There is no option for that in HikaShop. Some third party SEF extensions can do that. I think that JoomSEF or AceSEF have such possibility.

Time to create page: 0.059 seconds