will this one work for me?

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 2 months ago #8155

I usually don't just pop in and ask like this... it is usually more fun to play with stuff to see how it ticks... That was 5 programs that just didn't work, and 4 days with about 3 hours of sleep each ago. The site is due to be up tomorrow morning, and I woke up on my keyboard a bit ago, realizing it just isn't coming together. I am going to get a good nights sleep, and see what happens in the morning... At least since my wife is the boss, I know I won't get fired.

Quick rundown: I need to be able to sell audio downloads. PayPal is not an option. We already have a working account with AlertPay. My timeline is already running backwards.

Both my wife and I are tired and almost not caring. When we wake up, we will care again.

Does HikaShop have a download selling option that can be set up quickly?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13062
13 years 2 months ago #8162

Hi,

HikaShop handles selling of downloadable goods but does not have yet a payment plugin for alertPay, so if your deadline is short, you might want to look elsewhere.

13 years 3 weeks ago #11719

I am not overly happy with the solution I had to use - my people have to sign up twice, and I have lots of running back and forth to do...

Is there an AlertPay adaptation in the works?

13 years 3 weeks ago #11721

An alertPay plugin has been added in the latest version of HikaShop we released 2 days ago, so you can already use it.

13 years 3 weeks ago #11724

You may very well be my new hero. How are you at leaping tall buildings in a single bound?

13 years 3 weeks ago #11726

I'm still working on that one lol.

13 years 3 weeks ago #11735

Joomla 1.5 has only a few levels of access for users: public, registered, and special. Public need to not see the merchandise offered, registered need full price, and special get a discount. I have looked for instructions on how to do it, and haven't found them. At this point, I have to stick to the free version of HikaShop. Is it possible? Where do I find the instructions on how to do so?

After I get the answer to that, I will probably be asking how to set up a sales item that is a download of an mp3.

13 years 3 weeks ago #11748

In the Business edition of HikaShop, you can select access levels for prices, products, categories, discounts, etc so that will enable you to do that. You can see that on our demo website: demo.hikashop.com/administrator
It's really easy to do. When you edit a product, you will have an access level zone where you can just select which groups can see the product. For the prices you will get a small button or each one of them which will open a popup in order to select the access levels, etc...

If you want to sell mp3s, you can add your mp3 in the "files" zone when creating/editing a product. Then, when someone buy that product, the files will be downloadable on the order page (a link is sent to the order page in the emails sent to the user).

12 years 11 months ago #16060

Is it possible to set access levels on the orders list in the back end? I have 3 admins in 3 states but I want each of the admins to only see orders from their state.

Is that possible? Something like an automatic filter?

Thanks!

--Joel

12 years 11 months ago #16065

This is not possible unless you hack in the files of HikaShop in order to change the query loading the orders based on who is logged in.

Time to create page: 0.094 seconds