Copy product function

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 4 months ago #847

Am enjoying using Hikashop - impressed so far.

Any chance of a 'copy product' option in future release?

Have a situation today where a lot of products I have entered contain almost the same information that is needed for another product in another category. Would be so much simpler and quicker to copy and then change the bits needed rather start new product from scratch :P

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13036
13 years 4 months ago #848

Hi,

Did you had a look at the product generation function we released last week ? It enables you to select a template product, then write the information which will be different and press the import button to generate the products: www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/73.html#generate

For example, if you have a product called my_product_1 and that all your other products have exactly the same options except the price and the name, you could select this product as template and then write some simple CSV like that:

product_name,prive_value
my_product_2,5
my_product_3,8
my_product_4,10

Would that meet your needs ?

Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by nicolas.

13 years 4 months ago #849

Thank you for your prompt reply.

a 'copy product' function rather like the 'copy article' in Joomla istelf would be better for what I am trying to do. It would also be simpler when I hand over control of product inputing and updating to somebody else - I can see the template import causing a few problems for the less 'technical' (if you get my drift ;) )

13 years 4 months ago #850

Ok, I see what you mean. That's something we will probably add in the near future

Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by nicolas.

13 years 4 months ago #851

Thank you Nicolas - will be of great help. Look forward to seeing it being included in a forthcoming release.

I've got 4 stores to build in the next few weeks and at this rate I can see Hikashop being my preferred choice..

Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by scratch. Reason: typo

• Thank you received: 1
12 years 6 months ago #24647

Is there a copy product function as yet? Can't seem to find one. Only way I can see to do it is to export a product, then reimport it, but I get an error each time I try to import.

12 years 6 months ago #24651

Yes. You have a copy button on the products listing in the Business edition which allows you to easily duplicate one or several products.

12 years 6 months ago #25414

Hikashop is very impressive. i like their service so far!

12 years 6 months ago #25531

The sites in Showcase thread looks good. Im still looking forward for this feature. Saves us a lot of time in adding products.

CCENT

Time to create page: 0.086 seconds