- Posts: 43
- Thank you received: 0
Template disappears when menu option selected
- HappyHammer
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
15 years 8 months ago #5934
by HappyHammer
always look on the bright side....
Template disappears when menu option selected was created by HappyHammer
I have just installed HikaShop as I am considering it for a customers website. I have installed HikaShop, setup the basic configuration and created a product category and a sample product.
Unfortunately when I add a menu option to show the SikaShop categories my template is lost and I get a blank white page with text descriptions of what should be displayed. I have seen this before when Search Engine friendly URLs is turned on in Joomla so I turned that off and got the same result.
I'm sure this is something I have done or not done any suggestions welcome.
HH.
Unfortunately when I add a menu option to show the SikaShop categories my template is lost and I get a blank white page with text descriptions of what should be displayed. I have seen this before when Search Engine friendly URLs is turned on in Joomla so I turned that off and got the same result.
I'm sure this is something I have done or not done any suggestions welcome.
HH.
always look on the bright side....
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 8 months ago #5945
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Template disappears when menu option selected
I'm not sure what could cause that. Could you give a link to that page ? Do you have any errors on that page ?
What if you activate the joomla debug mode in the config of joomla ? Do you get some errors ?
What if you activate the joomla debug mode in the config of joomla ? Do you get some errors ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- HappyHammer
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 43
- Thank you received: 0
15 years 8 months ago #6133
by HappyHammer
always look on the bright side....
Replied by HappyHammer on topic Re: Template disappears when menu option selected
Hi Nicolas, thanks for the quick reply.
It's weird I installed HikaShop on another site and installed the same template and it worked fine, I compared the two sites and the only differences I can see are below:
Working Site:
Joomla Version 1.5.17
In HikaShop backend footer says "HikaShop Starter 1.4.3, Joomla!™ Online Shop System"
Site not working:
Joomla Version 1.5.20
In HikaShop backend footer says "HikaShop Starter 1.4.3, Joomla!™ E-Commerce Extension"
I turned the Debug on the site that didn't work and it started working, the only thing I had changed was the User Friendly URLs so maybe it didn't save the first time I tried, sorry to waste your time.
HH.
It's weird I installed HikaShop on another site and installed the same template and it worked fine, I compared the two sites and the only differences I can see are below:
Working Site:
Joomla Version 1.5.17
In HikaShop backend footer says "HikaShop Starter 1.4.3, Joomla!™ Online Shop System"
Site not working:
Joomla Version 1.5.20
In HikaShop backend footer says "HikaShop Starter 1.4.3, Joomla!™ E-Commerce Extension"
I turned the Debug on the site that didn't work and it started working, the only thing I had changed was the User Friendly URLs so maybe it didn't save the first time I tried, sorry to waste your time.
HH.
always look on the bright side....
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 8 months ago #6144
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Template disappears when menu option selected
The footer is generated automatically at install so that we can display different text on different websites. That's totally normal 
It may be because you restricted your template to some menus maybe ? Then, when creating a new menu, the template wasn't assigned to it...
It may be because you restricted your template to some menus maybe ? Then, when creating a new menu, the template wasn't assigned to it...
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.171 seconds