- Posts: 52
- Thank you received: 0
future plugin suggestion - product code search
- dontflinch
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
15 years 6 months ago #12052
by dontflinch
future plugin suggestion - product code search was created by dontflinch
hi it's me again.
I am installing a shop for a company that has about 700 products, so I am noticing many things.
this company has many products whose names are very similar to each other and their customers apparently often identify the correct one by product code so now I notice it would be nice if there was a product code search plugin in addition to the products and category search plugins. if I search for even an exact, specific product code it just says '0 results'.
it would be nice even to pick up partials, for example their codes are like this:
RCG-5530, ECU-7634 and it would be preferable for RCG to pick up the first example or 7634 to return the last.
just a suggestion/future request. thanks
I am installing a shop for a company that has about 700 products, so I am noticing many things.
this company has many products whose names are very similar to each other and their customers apparently often identify the correct one by product code so now I notice it would be nice if there was a product code search plugin in addition to the products and category search plugins. if I search for even an exact, specific product code it just says '0 results'.
it would be nice even to pick up partials, for example their codes are like this:
RCG-5530, ECU-7634 and it would be preferable for RCG to pick up the first example or 7634 to return the last.
just a suggestion/future request. thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 6 months ago #12066
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: future plugin suggestion - product code search
If you go in the options of the hikashop product search plugin, you can select on which column the search will be done. That was added in 1.4.6
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- dontflinch
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 52
- Thank you received: 0
15 years 6 months ago #12137
by dontflinch
Replied by dontflinch on topic Re: future plugin suggestion - product code search
you guys really are awesome, thanks!
I will note that I was not able to use the lightbox picker to do it (I kept getting recycled to main hika admin page in lightbox when I clicked apply) but I simply added product_code manually and it did the trick.
I will note that I was not able to use the lightbox picker to do it (I kept getting recycled to main hika admin page in lightbox when I clicked apply) but I simply added product_code manually and it did the trick.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 11 months ago #71607
by mad-q
Replied by mad-q on topic Re: future plugin suggestion - product code search
Hello, could you give me the link for the search plugin so I can download it please.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 11 months ago #71610
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: future plugin suggestion - product code search
The search plugin is installed by default when you install HikaShop. Just configure it via the joomla plugins manager.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mad-q
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.199 seconds