- Posts: 17
- Thank you received: 0
Applying Discount code fails / moves to next step
14 years 7 months ago #39351
by castus
Applying Discount code fails / moves to next step was created by castus
This does not always happen, but I have been able to recreate it on multiple machines. It is causing some problems on our site at the moment:
Add product to basket:
www.symc.co.uk/accessories-shop/security.../category_pathway-22
Click Shopping Basket in bottom right
Add coupon code cc1211 - should be successful
Remove product from basket
Purchase any product again.
Apply discount cc1211 again and then....
Button takes you to next page instead. Eg, login/register page. Discount is not applied
This also happens at the end before confirming your purchase, you are taken to the payment page instead of adding the coupon.
Add product to basket:
www.symc.co.uk/accessories-shop/security.../category_pathway-22
Click Shopping Basket in bottom right
Add coupon code cc1211 - should be successful
Remove product from basket
Purchase any product again.
Apply discount cc1211 again and then....
Button takes you to next page instead. Eg, login/register page. Discount is not applied
This also happens at the end before confirming your purchase, you are taken to the payment page instead of adding the coupon.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 7 months ago #39503
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Applying Discount code fails / moves to next step
Hi,
I tried all that on your website but I didn't get any problems. I was not able to reproduce the problem (I'm using chrome if it makes any difference).
Did you figure out something already maybe ?
I tried all that on your website but I didn't get any problems. I was not able to reproduce the problem (I'm using chrome if it makes any difference).
Did you figure out something already maybe ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 7 months ago #39587
by castus
Replied by castus on topic Re: Applying Discount code fails / moves to next step
No we didn't solve anything yet. I know that it's difficult sometimes to reproduce which makes it more frustrating.
It happens to me on Chrome, Firefox, IE8 - but it never happens the first time, usually only after emptying your basket then starting again.
I will PM you a video.
It happens to me on Chrome, Firefox, IE8 - but it never happens the first time, usually only after emptying your basket then starting again.
I will PM you a video.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 7 months ago #39679
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Applying Discount code fails / moves to next step
Hi,
I was able to reproduce the problem on your website but not on our end.
I see that you don't have the latest version and that you customized quite a bit the look of your checkout.
I would recommend to make a copy of your website locally, update it, try to remove the customizations you made in the files of the view checkout and try again. That should hopefully solve the problem.
I was able to reproduce the problem on your website but not on our end.
I see that you don't have the latest version and that you customized quite a bit the look of your checkout.
I would recommend to make a copy of your website locally, update it, try to remove the customizations you made in the files of the view checkout and try again. That should hopefully solve the problem.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 7 months ago - 14 years 7 months ago #39912
by castus
Replied by castus on topic Re: Applying Discount code fails / moves to next step
I updated to the latest version, then stripped out all frontend customisation, still happens.
Actually, I am able to recreate the bug on your demo site www.demo.hikashop.com
Actually, I am able to recreate the bug on your demo site www.demo.hikashop.com
- I added a porsche.
- Used code 'test', clicked 'Add'
- Success
- Removed porsche from basket
- Added a pair of shoes
- Used code 'test', clicked 'Add'
- Does check for whether 'additional info' text area is filled out (basically trying to proceed to next step, not add coupon)
- Once all info is filled out, trying to add the discount again completes the order, discount not applied
Last edit: 14 years 7 months ago by castus.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 7 months ago #39930
by protorob
Replied by protorob on topic Re: Applying Discount code fails / moves to next step
This is really curious
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 7 months ago #40132
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Applying Discount code fails / moves to next step
I was indeed able to reproduce that on our demo website.
That's great.
We'll look for a fix for that on monday. We'll keep you posted on our findings.
That's great.
We'll look for a fix for that on monday. We'll keep you posted on our findings.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 7 months ago #40517
by castus
Replied by castus on topic Re: Applying Discount code fails / moves to next step
Hi nicolas.
That's great, glad it's not just me!
Did you manage to figure anything out?
That's great, glad it's not just me!
Did you manage to figure anything out?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 7 months ago #40709
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Applying Discount code fails / moves to next step
Hi,
We didn't had the time to work on it this week as we had a lot of emails. We'll work on that this weekend.
We didn't had the time to work on it this week as we had a lot of emails. We'll work on that this weekend.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 6 months ago #43976
by castus
Replied by castus on topic Re: Applying Discount code fails / moves to next step
Just bumping to see if there was any progress on this? Cheers.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 6 months ago #44452
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Applying Discount code fails / moves to next step
It's still in my todo list but I won't have the time to look into it in the next few days as I'm attending a conference.
So it's postponed to next week as it's not an urgent problem and that it's gonna take time to figure out what's going wrong here.
So it's postponed to next week as it's not an urgent problem and that it's gonna take time to figure out what's going wrong here.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.190 seconds