- Posts: 8
- Thank you received: 0
Need help with installation
14 years 4 months ago #49377
by athenken
Need help with installation was created by athenken
I am having some issues with getting the starter extension uploaded and installed into Joomla 2.5. My hosting provider is FatCow.com. I have come across this problem with other extensions as well.
Basically, I have tried the three different options for uploading and installing and hit a wall each time. Does anyone know of a url I am able to use to upload directly into Joomla? This seems to be the only option that has worked with other plugins.
Basically, I have tried the three different options for uploading and installing and hit a wall each time. Does anyone know of a url I am able to use to upload directly into Joomla? This seems to be the only option that has worked with other plugins.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 4 months ago #49381
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Need help with installation
Hi,
That usually happen when you have wrong permissions configured on your website.
Please try the "install via FTP" method described here:
www.hikashop.com/fr/support/documentatio...-install.html#errors
That should help avoid that problem.
That usually happen when you have wrong permissions configured on your website.
Please try the "install via FTP" method described here:
www.hikashop.com/fr/support/documentatio...-install.html#errors
That should help avoid that problem.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 4 months ago #49386
by athenken
Replied by athenken on topic Re: Need help with installation
I have tried installing from the temp directory for my site but get the following error:
JInstaller: :Install: Cannot find XML setup file
Path does not have a valid package.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 4 months ago #49427
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Need help with installation
The path that you used inside the install from directory field is not correct. If you use the correct one, it should work.
Please make sure that you use the absolute path of the folder where you uploaded the files of the package.
Please make sure that you use the absolute path of the folder where you uploaded the files of the package.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.154 seconds