- Posts: 74
- Thank you received: 1
Clearing cart on logout
- Southcoaster
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
14 years 2 months ago #56289
by Southcoaster
Clearing cart on logout was created by Southcoaster
Hi,
I have included the excellent QuickLogout component as a menu item on my main-menu, but I would like it to clear out any current cart contents as well, so that when the user logs in again it is empty.
Any ideas how to achieve this please?
Thanks.
I have included the excellent QuickLogout component as a menu item on my main-menu, but I would like it to clear out any current cart contents as well, so that when the user logs in again it is empty.
Any ideas how to achieve this please?
Thanks.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Southcoaster
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 74
- Thank you received: 1
14 years 2 months ago #56290
by Southcoaster
Replied by Southcoaster on topic Re: Clearing cart on logout
Apologies this should have been posted in 'How-to'.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 2 months ago #56348
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Clearing cart on logout
There is no option for that.
Carts are not deleted on logout.
Try to install and publish that plugin and it should do that.
Carts are not deleted on logout.
Try to install and publish that plugin and it should do that.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Southcoaster
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 74
- Thank you received: 1
14 years 2 months ago #56440
by Southcoaster
Replied by Southcoaster on topic Re: Clearing cart on logout
Hi Nicolas,
I see the QuickLogout plug-in does actually clear the cart when the user specifically logs out on the site, so apologies I can't see why I asked the question now.
However perhaps I was asking if the cart could be emptied if the user leaves the website by pressing the Windows 'X' in the top right hand corner (left on the Mac I believe).
Many thanks.
I see the QuickLogout plug-in does actually clear the cart when the user specifically logs out on the site, so apologies I can't see why I asked the question now.
However perhaps I was asking if the cart could be emptied if the user leaves the website by pressing the Windows 'X' in the top right hand corner (left on the Mac I believe).
Many thanks.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 2 months ago #56482
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Clearing cart on logout
The cart are not deleted when the user logout. It's just that the cart is assigned to the user when he logs in. Then, when he logs out the cart is kept for the user and not his "anonymous" session. If he login later on, he will get back his cart, unless he started a new cart before logging in again and that's what that plugin prevents.
That's not possible to remove the cart when the user close the browser.
That's not possible to remove the cart when the user close the browser.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Southcoaster
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 74
- Thank you received: 1
14 years 2 months ago #56522
by Southcoaster
Replied by Southcoaster on topic Re: Clearing cart on logout
Hi Nicolas,
Thanks for the explanation.
Regards.
Thanks for the explanation.
Regards.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.225 seconds