- Posts: 152
- Thank you received: 11
Write my own CSV file
I have a little question
In my firm we are making a shop, where there have to be a lot of specified prices on the same produkt.
In the future we would like to update the prices from a xls file where we will define the different columns by our self.
But how do I define the product variants? I have tried product_variant and variant with the variant number, but it not showing in the product in backend
I'm using firebug, forumsearch, dokumentation and then I ask.. It's so easy
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
I think that you can :
- Create a product with variants
- Export your products
- Use this CSV structure
Hope this will help you.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Thx, I agree about this, but our catalog have so many numbers, so its easyer to go the other way and make it from an existing xls file and definde the columns by my self
Mohamed Thelji wrote: Hi,
I think that you can :
- Create a product with variants
- Export your products
- Use this CSV structure
Hope this will help you.
I'm using firebug, forumsearch, dokumentation and then I ask.. It's so easy
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...hikashop-import.html
It explains how you can handle characteristics/variants in CSVs.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I have also tried to create some products manually, and then exporting the csv file, and then write some new products in it.. THat works, but some of the variants on another products where deletet, after that and the prices where set together..
Another question: When I have exportet the csv file the price are like this: 67.040.000, but it have to be 6.704,00 - how do we insert the right price? is it just to overwrite it, but if the price not is edit, it will stand like in the csv file on the shop?
I'm using firebug, forumsearch, dokumentation and then I ask.. It's so easy
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Prices are added to the CSV as they are stored in the database. We allow for a lot of decimals as some users need it.
So the exported prices should look like this: 67040.00000
In any case, in your CSV, just enter the price with one dot or one comma for the decimal separation and no other separation and it will work.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
However, we still have a problem I hope You can help us to solve
When we have to adjust the prices there are as I see it 3 options:
1 make the update manual, which will take time because we have a lot of items.
2 to create the products again and again, just as there are customer groups
3 make it in a csv file which we intend. But since we have several customer groups, it is not possible to make it simple in/with excel, where we have the datas. As the price structure in csv file is right now, are the prices like: price | price | price, theís option can’t we use in excel while its not are so in our own system. Therefore, we will be glad whether there is any potential for an easy way to update prices depending on the customer groups.
I'm using firebug, forumsearch, dokumentation and then I ask.. It's so easy
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
product_code,price_value,price_access
my_prod1,10;12,12:5
That will configure two prices for the product "my_prod1". One price at 10 for the user group with the id 12 and one price at 12 for the user group with the id 5.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I'm using firebug, forumsearch, dokumentation and then I ask.. It's so easy
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I don't have a magic bullet for you. Either you generate the CSV like HikaShop wants (maybe with some Excel macro, you could do it based on the CSV of your other system) or you add that directly with a custom script in the database (more work than option 1 I think), or you use the interface and enter everything by hand.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
In one column in excel I insert price1 in the next a | 3. price2 and a | etc
The same do I with the access levels
After that I let excel merged them with =column1&column2&solumn3&... etc, now its in one cell and the csv is imported correct
I'm using firebug, forumsearch, dokumentation and then I ask.. It's so easy
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.