- Posts: 103
- Thank you received: 0
How to make Reg email NOT unique for testing...
13 years 11 months ago #71502
by SuzyBGood
How to make Reg email NOT unique for testing... was created by SuzyBGood
I can't register myself twice (for testing) and figure out where to change it?
Any thoughts?
Thanks!
Any thoughts?
Thanks!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 11 months ago #71518
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: How to make Reg email NOT unique for testing...
You would have to recode joomla's core.
That's quite complex and will cause you a lot of trouble even if you're an experienced developer.
So don't do it !
Just create fake email addresses here for your tests:
www.jetable.org/en/index
That's quite complex and will cause you a lot of trouble even if you're an experienced developer.
So don't do it !
Just create fake email addresses here for your tests:
www.jetable.org/en/index
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 11 months ago #71546
by SuzyBGood
Replied by SuzyBGood on topic Re: How to make Reg email NOT unique for testing...
I've done this on some other version I had installed. Some config file where you changed true to false. But I can't find it nor remember what its called.
When I find it I will post. A way easier solution that managing multiple email addresses...
Thanks!
When I find it I will post. A way easier solution that managing multiple email addresses...
Thanks!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 11 months ago #71614
by SuzyBGood
Replied by SuzyBGood on topic Re: How to make Reg email NOT unique for testing...
the following file...
components/com_users/models/forms/registration.xml
Find "email 1". See that line unique="false"? I bet yours says "true". Mine did. Change it to "false". Bob's your Uncle!
<field name="email1" type="email"
description="COM_USERS_REGISTER_EMAIL1_DESC"
field="id"
filter="string"
label="COM_USERS_REGISTER_EMAIL1_LABEL"
message="COM_USERS_REGISTER_EMAIL1_MESSAGE"
required="true"
size="30"
unique="false"
validate="email"
/>
components/com_users/models/forms/registration.xml
Find "email 1". See that line unique="false"? I bet yours says "true". Mine did. Change it to "false". Bob's your Uncle!
<field name="email1" type="email"
description="COM_USERS_REGISTER_EMAIL1_DESC"
field="id"
filter="string"
label="COM_USERS_REGISTER_EMAIL1_LABEL"
message="COM_USERS_REGISTER_EMAIL1_MESSAGE"
required="true"
size="30"
unique="false"
validate="email"
/>
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 11 months ago #71615
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: How to make Reg email NOT unique for testing...
There is no such file in HikaShop.
HikaShop does not check for email uniqueness.
It's joomla which does that with the user information provided via the HikaShop registration form.
So there is nothing to change in HikaShop.
HikaShop does not check for email uniqueness.
It's joomla which does that with the user information provided via the HikaShop registration form.
So there is nothing to change in HikaShop.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 11 months ago #71619
by SuzyBGood
Replied by SuzyBGood on topic Re: How to make Reg email NOT unique for testing...
Good point! I put it in the Joomla forum too in case it helps another newbie. Cheers.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.241 seconds