Skip to main content

New accounts not being Enabled or Activated

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #122669 by matps
Hi There,

So I've found an issue while testing my checkout process. When I get to the checkout page and register a new account, everything seems fine, I get the validation email and I'm logged back in with all the correct details after clicking the link.

However, if I check the backend, I can see this new user has not been Enabled or Activated, which means if they log out of their account and try and log back in they get the error message 'Username and password do not match or you do not have an account yet.'

Is there any reason why these accounts aren't being automatically enabled? I can do it manually but that defeats the object. If I sign up a new account using the Joomla registration form everything works fine.

Kind Regards,

Matthew

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #122681 by Mohamed Thelji
Hi,

Can you tell me how did you set the "Control panel->Global configuration->system->'New User Account Activation'" option?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 weeks ago - 13 years 3 weeks ago #122683 by matps
Hi Mohamed,

I cant see any options like that in my version of Joomla, but I'm assume it's same thing I've got under User Manger > Users Configuration?

Last edit: 13 years 3 weeks ago by matps.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #122726 by nicolas
That's correct.
Maybe it's a bug of a previous version of HikaShop. Can you try again with the latest version of HikaShop if you don't have it (in that case, please make a backup of your website before updating just in case something goes wrong) ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 weeks ago - 13 years 3 weeks ago #122732 by matps
Hi Nicolas, I have HikaShop Business: 2.2.1 which I believe is the latest version.

As I said it works fine when creating accounts through the Joomla registration, is it maybe the case of Hikashop not intergrating with the Joomla database?
Last edit: 13 years 3 weeks ago by matps.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #122841 by Eliot
Hikashop is using the Joomla registration system so you should not face any issue with this.
Does the user receive an e-mail when you register during the checkout process? And do you click on the link given?
We may need a backend access to check what's going wrong on your site, you can PM us such information so we'll take a look.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #122850 by matps
Hi Eliot,

Yes it does send the registration email including the validation code, here is an example of one I just created in a test

www.craftkeg.com/index.php?option=com_hi...109&Itemid=105&lang=

I just clicked the link and it took me back into the account, but if I look in the User Manager, it says it has not been enabled or activated. What information would you require to look into the backend, just my log in details or access to myphpadmin to look at the database?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #122856 by Eliot
It's strange because the link you gave me display a messaging saying that the account has be activated.
Is there a product I can buy so I try by myself and see if I encounter the same issue?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #122859 by matps
It does seem to activate the account in the frontend, but as I mentioned it doesn't in the back, which means once they log out they won't be able to log in again.

Yes please, you can test with this product www.craftkeg.com/index.php/all-products/...oduct/7-beach-blonde

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #122863 by Eliot
Ok so then please send us an access to your backend (login/pw) by PM so we'll take a look :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: matps

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #122873 by matps
I've PM'd you the details Eliot, thank you very much for looking into this!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 weeks ago #123168 by Jerome
Hi,

I see that you changed your configuration, you remove the "self" registration and set it to "none".
Would you like that we re-change your configuration and try to fix your issue fix the self registration ?

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.279 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum