- Posts: 214
- Thank you received: 1
Search not working with too many filters selected
13 years 3 weeks ago #122931
by matps
Search not working with too many filters selected was created by matps
Hi There,
If you look at my site www.craftkeg.com/ and try doing a search, it works when a few of the filters are selected, but there seems to be an issue when you have too many selected.
eg, if I select 'ABV 6 Plus' and drag the price scales to 100 to 200 it brings back 3 results. If I then click 'Petainer' it brings back nothing.
However if I select 'ABV 6 Plus' and then 'Petainer' it brings back the same 3 results as expected.
This to me means that the seach is working, but it can't handle too many filters being selected?
If you look at my site www.craftkeg.com/ and try doing a search, it works when a few of the filters are selected, but there seems to be an issue when you have too many selected.
eg, if I select 'ABV 6 Plus' and drag the price scales to 100 to 200 it brings back 3 results. If I then click 'Petainer' it brings back nothing.
However if I select 'ABV 6 Plus' and then 'Petainer' it brings back the same 3 results as expected.
This to me means that the seach is working, but it can't handle too many filters being selected?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 2 weeks ago #122974
by matps
Replied by matps on topic Search not working with too many filters selected
For some reason it only works if I have the cursor filter last. Interesting bug! Shame that my search doesn't as nice as it did before...
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 2 weeks ago #123006
by Eliot
Replied by Eliot on topic Search not working with too many filters selected
Hi there,
It sounds like something we already fixed. Could you try to install the very last version of Hikashop by donwloading it on our website? It may fix the problem.
It sounds like something we already fixed. Could you try to install the very last version of Hikashop by donwloading it on our website? It may fix the problem.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 2 weeks ago #123023
by matps
Replied by matps on topic Search not working with too many filters selected
I've already got the latest version and the problem does still persist if I have the cursor filter last in the ordering.
I wonder if you could help me re-styling the Search box now, I've used the following css in the frontend to give some space between and check boxes and options,
.hikashop_filter_Supplier input{
margin-right:10px!important;
}
.hikashop_filter_ABV input{
margin-right:10px!important;
}
.hikashop_filter_Type input{
margin-right:10px!important;
}
but I'm not sure how to add any padding or margin to put space between the filters and options ie I'd like to see some space before and after Supplier so the checkboxes aren't so close.
I wonder if you could help me re-styling the Search box now, I've used the following css in the frontend to give some space between and check boxes and options,
.hikashop_filter_Supplier input{
margin-right:10px!important;
}
.hikashop_filter_ABV input{
margin-right:10px!important;
}
.hikashop_filter_Type input{
margin-right:10px!important;
}
but I'm not sure how to add any padding or margin to put space between the filters and options ie I'd like to see some space before and after Supplier so the checkboxes aren't so close.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 2 weeks ago #123032
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Search not working with too many filters selected
Hi,
Did you re-download the latest package of HikaShop 2.2.1 ?
Sometimes, when we discover some bugs which could be problematic for users, we made a new package of HikaShop with these new fixes without change the version number. It allows new users who will download the package to have directly the fix without having to wait to the complete new version.
So depending when you have download HikaShop 2.2.1, it could be interesting to re-download the package.
For your CSS, the "input" is the checkbox itself.
There is a "div" with the class "hikashop_filter_checkbox" which contains the checkbox and a label for the name of the filter option.
After that, each group have a little title, it's a "span" with the class "hikashop_filter_title".
Hope it will help you.
Regards,
Did you re-download the latest package of HikaShop 2.2.1 ?
Sometimes, when we discover some bugs which could be problematic for users, we made a new package of HikaShop with these new fixes without change the version number. It allows new users who will download the package to have directly the fix without having to wait to the complete new version.
So depending when you have download HikaShop 2.2.1, it could be interesting to re-download the package.
For your CSS, the "input" is the checkbox itself.
There is a "div" with the class "hikashop_filter_checkbox" which contains the checkbox and a label for the name of the filter option.
After that, each group have a little title, it's a "span" with the class "hikashop_filter_title".
Hope it will help you.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 2 weeks ago #123037
by matps
Replied by matps on topic Search not working with too many filters selected
Thanks Jerome, I've now got
.hikashop_filter_Supplier{
margin-top:5px!important;
}
.hikashop_filter_ABV{
margin-top:5px!important;
}
.hikashop_filter_Type{
margin-top:5px!important;
}
which looks better, but if I add a margin-bottom to any of these, it doesn't work. What would be the correct CSS to add a 5px bottom and top margin, I assumed just '"margin-top:5px;margin-bottom:5px!important;"?
.hikashop_filter_Supplier{
margin-top:5px!important;
}
.hikashop_filter_ABV{
margin-top:5px!important;
}
.hikashop_filter_Type{
margin-top:5px!important;
}
which looks better, but if I add a margin-bottom to any of these, it doesn't work. What would be the correct CSS to add a 5px bottom and top margin, I assumed just '"margin-top:5px;margin-bottom:5px!important;"?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 2 weeks ago #123040
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Search not working with too many filters selected
Hi,
margin-top: 5px !important;
margin-bottom: 5px !important;
Or
margin: 5px 0px 5px 0px !important; /* top right bottom left */
The keyword !important is just for one element.
Regards,
margin-top: 5px !important;
margin-bottom: 5px !important;
Or
margin: 5px 0px 5px 0px !important; /* top right bottom left */
The keyword !important is just for one element.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 2 weeks ago #123044
by matps
Replied by matps on topic Search not working with too many filters selected
I'm afraid that only seems to be working to put a gap between the filters, not actually between the Filter Title and the checkboxes/inputs.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 2 weeks ago #123047
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Search not working with too many filters selected
Hi,
You can override the view "product | filter" if you want to have some different HTML content.
Kind regards,
You can override the view "product | filter" if you want to have some different HTML content.
Kind regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 2 weeks ago #123059
by matps
Replied by matps on topic Search not working with too many filters selected
Hi Jerome,
I'm not really looking to have different content, I just want some spacing between the filter's title and the input. I'm looking at the view I'm not very familar with php, is it just a case of putting a break (<br>) in?
I'm not really looking to have different content, I just want some spacing between the filter's title and the input. I'm looking at the view I'm not very familar with php, is it just a case of putting a break (<br>) in?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 2 weeks ago #123103
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Search not working with too many filters selected
Hi,
Regards,
Code:
.hikashop_filter_title {
margin-bottom: 10px;
display: inline-block;
}
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
The following user(s) said Thank You: matps
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 2 weeks ago #123220
by matps
Replied by matps on topic Search not working with too many filters selected
That has worked perfectly, thank you so much Jerome!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.221 seconds