- Posts: 72
- Thank you received: 0
Update from 2.1.0 to 2.2.1
- daveturner101
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
13 years 4 days ago #125374
by daveturner101
Update from 2.1.0 to 2.2.1 was created by daveturner101
Hi
We're currently running the free version of Hikashop on Joomla 2.5.7 and I wondered if I could update straight to the most current version. Which files would be overwritten? Would I need to make any changes to any products etc?
Thanks
We're currently running the free version of Hikashop on Joomla 2.5.7 and I wondered if I could update straight to the most current version. Which files would be overwritten? Would I need to make any changes to any products etc?
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 4 days ago #125376
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Update from 2.1.0 to 2.2.1
Hi,
All core files will be overwritten, that's why we always recommend to use the view overrides and the overrides in general for your modifications (css, etc).
It does not affect the database content, depending the update it can create new columns but it does not touch the content.
You will keep your products, category, configuration, etc.
The best is always to make a backup before an update, to be safe, more specially if you don't know if you modified a core file or not.
Regards,
All core files will be overwritten, that's why we always recommend to use the view overrides and the overrides in general for your modifications (css, etc).
It does not affect the database content, depending the update it can create new columns but it does not touch the content.
You will keep your products, category, configuration, etc.
The best is always to make a backup before an update, to be safe, more specially if you don't know if you modified a core file or not.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.158 seconds