- Posts: 68
- Thank you received: 0
URL of products
13 years 12 hours ago #125828
by kopretina
URL of products was created by kopretina
Hi,
I would like to ask you, if there is any possibility to change somehow the url adress of products.
Actually the url of product is created from the name of the product.
When I correct the name, the url will be changed.
Is there any solution?
Thanks for help.
I would like to ask you, if there is any possibility to change somehow the url adress of products.
Actually the url of product is created from the name of the product.
When I correct the name, the url will be changed.
Is there any solution?
Thanks for help.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 8 hours ago #125863
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic URL of products
Hi,
I don't really understand your problem.
You don't want to see the product name in the url ?
I think that using a SEF component like JoomSEF will be the solution the checnge the way the url are idsplayed, to display, for example, the product id instead of its name.
I don't really understand your problem.
You don't want to see the product name in the url ?
I think that using a SEF component like JoomSEF will be the solution the checnge the way the url are idsplayed, to display, for example, the product id instead of its name.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 6 hours ago - 13 years 2 hours ago #125884
by kopretina
Replied by kopretina on topic URL of products
Thank you for your reaction.
The problem is that when I need to correct the name of the product, the url is automaticaly changed, because is created on the base of product name.
This is problem because the original url is already in the index of search engine and new one isn´t. This can by solved by redirecting but I want to avoid this situation.
I need to have the original url but new name product.
I know is possible to use extension of third sides but I would like to know, if there is possibility to do it directly from Hikashop.
The problem is that when I need to correct the name of the product, the url is automaticaly changed, because is created on the base of product name.
This is problem because the original url is already in the index of search engine and new one isn´t. This can by solved by redirecting but I want to avoid this situation.
I need to have the original url but new name product.
I know is possible to use extension of third sides but I would like to know, if there is possibility to do it directly from Hikashop.
Last edit: 13 years 2 hours ago by kopretina.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 11 months ago #126060
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic URL of products
Hi,
The system uses the name of the product ONLY if you don't enter anything in the alias field of the product.
So if you want to change the name of a product, simply put the old name in the alias field.
The system uses the name of the product ONLY if you don't enter anything in the alias field of the product.
So if you want to change the name of a product, simply put the old name in the alias field.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 11 months ago #126071
by kopretina
Replied by kopretina on topic URL of products
Thank you very much.
This helped me a lot.
This helped me a lot.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.179 seconds