- Posts: 61
- Thank you received: 0
Menu disapears after disabling latest products
12 years 11 months ago #128342
by anlicor
Menu disapears after disabling latest products was created by anlicor
I have 2 categories listing menu items
www.drenolsurf.com/men
www.drenolsurf.com/women
The problem I am experiencing is that when ever I remove the latest products module from Associated modules the menu on this page disappears. The menu on the left of these pages is a HikaShop Content Module that is setup to display as a menu. Any idea why this might happen?
www.drenolsurf.com/men
www.drenolsurf.com/women
The problem I am experiencing is that when ever I remove the latest products module from Associated modules the menu on this page disappears. The menu on the left of these pages is a HikaShop Content Module that is setup to display as a menu. Any idea why this might happen?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
12 years 11 months ago #128360
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Menu disapears after disabling latest products
Hi,
What do you exactly mean by "the menu on this page disappears" ? Are you saying that when you remove the latest products module from Associated modules, the product "Summer Bags" disappears ? Can you give me more details through some screenshots for example ?
Thanks
.
What do you exactly mean by "the menu on this page disappears" ? Are you saying that when you remove the latest products module from Associated modules, the product "Summer Bags" disappears ? Can you give me more details through some screenshots for example ?
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 11 months ago #130138
by anlicor
Replied by anlicor on topic Menu disapears after disabling latest products
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 11 months ago #130225
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Menu disapears after disabling latest products
I don't see why the left module would disappear. Both modules are not the same. There is no reason why disabling one would remove the other.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 11 months ago #130300
by anlicor
Replied by anlicor on topic Menu disapears after disabling latest products
I want to disable the latest products module. I have to do this for each menu item for example:
administrator -> menu manager -> menu -> men -> hikashop options -> associated modules -> unpublish latest products module
administrator -> menu manager -> menu -> women -> hikashop options -> associated modules -> unpublish latest products module
The does what I want however it has an undesired side effect. The undesired side effect is that
if I unpublish latest products for men then the menu on the left page for men disappears.
If I unpublish latest products for women then the menu on the left page for women disappears.
Each of these menus on the left is a hikashop content module that I placed on the
components/com_hikashop/views/category/tmpl/listing.php page.
Does this make anymore sense?
administrator -> menu manager -> menu -> men -> hikashop options -> associated modules -> unpublish latest products module
administrator -> menu manager -> menu -> women -> hikashop options -> associated modules -> unpublish latest products module
The does what I want however it has an undesired side effect. The undesired side effect is that
if I unpublish latest products for men then the menu on the left page for men disappears.
If I unpublish latest products for women then the menu on the left page for women disappears.
Each of these menus on the left is a hikashop content module that I placed on the
components/com_hikashop/views/category/tmpl/listing.php page.
Does this make anymore sense?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 10 months ago #130794
by anlicor
Replied by anlicor on topic Menu disapears after disabling latest products
Are you having trouble understanding the problem?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 10 months ago #131080
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Menu disapears after disabling latest products
Hi,
I think thats due to the way you made your template, or something like that.
Unpublishing a module, should not hide another one..
It's maybe a problem related on the positions.
You should add module positions in your template index.php file.
I think thats due to the way you made your template, or something like that.
Unpublishing a module, should not hide another one..
It's maybe a problem related on the positions.
You should add module positions in your template index.php file.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.223 seconds