- Posts: 214
- Thank you received: 1
Logging In as a User
So I'm wondering, if we have a customer call the office and want to place an order, is there a way to log into their account without knowing their password. They probably won't be keen on giving out their password but if you know their username and maybe had used some kind of admin password that logs you into their account. Hikashop doesn't store any bank information so I can't see there being any legal issue?
I'm just trying to think of a way to take an order over the phone without too much effort from the user, so any suggestions on how other people have done it would be welcome!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
In HikaMarket you can create orders directly in the back-end.
And with HikaMarket you can create orders directly in the front-end.
A customer in HikaMarket is a Joomla user, so if you want to login as another account, you have to find a Joomla extension which allow it.
But HikaShop is an e-commerce solution, it does not provide such special feature (which is related to Joomla and not really to an e-commerce system).
By the way, you do not need to login as the user to create him an order, you can already do it in the back-end.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Thanks for your response, I did not know you were able to create orders in the backend, that is very useful to know. My question now is I can see that you can set the users Payment Method which is fine for cheque and bank transers, but if I set it to Paypal how am I going to be able to process that?
I can't see how myself would link to Paypal from the backend or how the customer would be able to pay by Paypal after I've created the order for them?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
You'll just have to set the Payment of orders not paid immediately option to YES through "Hikashop->System->Configuration->Main", so like it's said on the documentation :how the customer would be able to pay by Paypal after I've created the order for them
Payment of orders not paid immediately : You can activate the payment of orders not paid via the listing of the orders of the user. He will have an additional button below the status of the order. Upon clicking on it, he will be redirected to the payment gateway in order to pay for the order. This option is available in all commercial versions of HikaShop.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
And users should not have to give their PayPal passwords nor their website password like that.
Why not simply tell them to log on your website with their user account and click on the "pay now" button themselves so that they can directly do the payment ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Trust me I'd prefer it if all of our users logged in and did it themselves, but we're going to be dealing with publicans and they sometimes like to be "old school" (and I mean that in the nicest way possible!) in our experience and call up wanting to place an order.
We may end up just telling them they have to login but I wondered if there was an alternative.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
So you can create the order in the front-end with your account, pay it by phone (the client gave you the instruction) and after, edit the order in the backend to change some details like the user of the order (and his addresses).
In the backend, you can also (re)send emails for the order details.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
but then the user wouldn't get that order in their order history...
and after, edit the order in the backend to change some details like the user of the order (and his addresses).
Yes he will
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.