- Posts: 52
- Thank you received: 2
Clarification re template overrides
12 years 11 months ago #129048
by wynchcote
Clarification re template overrides was created by wynchcote
-- url of the page with the problem -- : n/a
-- HikaShop version -- : latest
-- Joomla version -- : 2.5.14
-- PHP version -- : 5+
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : n/a
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : n/a
I have in the past used template overrides in my Joomla! templates to override the default Views in HikaShop. This has however resulted in version numbers on template override views being different from the latest release.
And a worry on my part taht an important View change has been overlooked!
I see you advise making changes to Views via the control panel.
Can you confirm however that any changes made will be protected when a HikaShop new release is installed?
What I find confusing is how an amendment made to a View can be sustained whilst the rest of the View changes in accordance with a new release.
I have seen releases in the past have changed Views and cannot understand how a unique change made to a View can be worked around.
This is why I have to date used Template Overrides via my Joomla! templates.
Can you please clarify?
-- HikaShop version -- : latest
-- Joomla version -- : 2.5.14
-- PHP version -- : 5+
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : n/a
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : n/a
I have in the past used template overrides in my Joomla! templates to override the default Views in HikaShop. This has however resulted in version numbers on template override views being different from the latest release.
And a worry on my part taht an important View change has been overlooked!
I see you advise making changes to Views via the control panel.
Can you confirm however that any changes made will be protected when a HikaShop new release is installed?
What I find confusing is how an amendment made to a View can be sustained whilst the rest of the View changes in accordance with a new release.
I have seen releases in the past have changed Views and cannot understand how a unique change made to a View can be worked around.
This is why I have to date used Template Overrides via my Joomla! templates.
Can you please clarify?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
12 years 11 months ago #129060
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Clarification re template overrides
Hi,
By updating HikaShop you won't loose any information. It will just upgrade the files and add new columns in the database if required.
Your views overrides, css overrides, language, configuration, orders, products will stay intact.
But careful if you have modified directly an HikaShop file and you didn't use the backend interface for that. Because you could loose your modifications.
Making a backup is always a good security.
By updating HikaShop you won't loose any information. It will just upgrade the files and add new columns in the database if required.
Your views overrides, css overrides, language, configuration, orders, products will stay intact.
But careful if you have modified directly an HikaShop file and you didn't use the backend interface for that. Because you could loose your modifications.
Making a backup is always a good security.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 11 months ago #129064
by wynchcote
Replied by wynchcote on topic Clarification re template overrides
Hi Mohammed,
Thanks for quick response.
So I can even safely perform Language Overrides in Hikashop control panel.
I had been using Joomla! Language Override for this via FTP (as with Template Overrides).
Can you confirm that
I do not need to rely on FTP + Overrides and can instead safely override via the HikaShop Control.
Thanks, Ken
.
Thanks for quick response.
So I can even safely perform Language Overrides in Hikashop control panel.
I had been using Joomla! Language Override for this via FTP (as with Template Overrides).
Can you confirm that
I do not need to rely on FTP + Overrides and can instead safely override via the HikaShop Control.
Thanks, Ken
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 11 months ago #129075
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Clarification re template overrides
Yes, when you do the overrides via the interface, it simply create/modify the files like if you would do via FTP.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.170 seconds