Link category parent ?
- pulsarinformatique
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #129211
by pulsarinformatique
Link category parent ? was created by pulsarinformatique
-- HikaShop version -- : HikaShop Business 2.2.0
-- Joomla version -- : 2.5.14
-- PHP version -- : 5.4.3
Hello,
I want to display a link on the category parent, to navigate easily. Problem is I can't find any module like this, something like an "hikashop category breadcrumb".
I tried to do this :Sytem/global configuration, Display, I put on the "explorateur de categories"(catgeories browser) but nothing more appeared. I'm not even sure this is what I'm looking for.
What I want is a link on the parent category (of the product or of the actual category).
I searched on the forum, but I can't find what I'm looking for.
Does these feature exist please?
In advance thanks for your answer!
Raphaelle
-- Joomla version -- : 2.5.14
-- PHP version -- : 5.4.3
Hello,
I want to display a link on the category parent, to navigate easily. Problem is I can't find any module like this, something like an "hikashop category breadcrumb".
I tried to do this :Sytem/global configuration, Display, I put on the "explorateur de categories"(catgeories browser) but nothing more appeared. I'm not even sure this is what I'm looking for.
What I want is a link on the parent category (of the product or of the actual category).
I searched on the forum, but I can't find what I'm looking for.
Does these feature exist please?
In advance thanks for your answer!
Raphaelle
Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by pulsarinformatique.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
12 years 11 months ago #129222
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Link category parent ?
Hi Raphaelle,
You should maybe use a Joomla Breadcrumbs module that way, you'll have access to your parent category through your product/category listings.
You should maybe use a Joomla Breadcrumbs module that way, you'll have access to your parent category through your product/category listings.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- pulsarinformatique
-
Topic Author
- Offline
12 years 11 months ago #129254
by pulsarinformatique
Replied by pulsarinformatique on topic Link category parent ?
Hi,
thanks for your answer but it's not what I'm looking for because all my categories aren't in menu items. And I want to display only the link to the parent category, not all my parent menus.
I've got the category id of the product, but I don't see how to get the name and the url corresponding with this link?
I've not seen any function like that in the hikashop category class, but maybe I'm wrong...
in advance thanks for your help
Raphaelle
thanks for your answer but it's not what I'm looking for because all my categories aren't in menu items. And I want to display only the link to the parent category, not all my parent menus.
I've got the category id of the product, but I don't see how to get the name and the url corresponding with this link?
I've not seen any function like that in the hikashop category class, but maybe I'm wrong...
in advance thanks for your help
Raphaelle
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 11 months ago #129256
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Link category parent ?
I'm still thinking that what you want to use is the joomla breadcrumbs module for that. It will display the parent category of a product and the parent category of a category, not just the menu where you are. You don't necessarily need to create a menu for each category to achieve that in fact.
There is no other module to display automatically the parent category of the current element.
If you want to generate the URL of a category, you can look at the getLink function of the file components/com_hikashop/views/category/view.html.php It takes the id of a category and its alias and return the URL.of the category. It a bit complex to adapt outside of that view file but still possible.
There is no other module to display automatically the parent category of the current element.
If you want to generate the URL of a category, you can look at the getLink function of the file components/com_hikashop/views/category/view.html.php It takes the id of a category and its alias and return the URL.of the category. It a bit complex to adapt outside of that view file but still possible.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.167 seconds