Skip to main content

remove id in the url of the categories

More
12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #129280 by alison
Hello,
My problem is that when I create a new category I have to put the id or number in the backend so that it takes the characteristics of the product. The id is generated automatically when you create the category and so creating the menu every time I have to put the id of the category.

It could disable the creation of the id in the links? or some way to avoid having to put the id on each menu item, I do not believe that is the right way.
I await your reply,
thank you very much

(attached images)
Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by alison.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #129325 by Xavier
Hi,

You want to remove the id in the url of the menu ?
If it is, you can just remove the id in the menu alias I guess.
Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by Xavier.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 11 months ago #129661 by alison
Hello,
Yes, I know that I can remove the id of the menu. the question is I do not want to automatically appear in the url of the categories, and then have to put on the menu each generated id in catagorias of HikaShop. If I do this manually put the id of the menu to access the product des looks one way and if I agree des of the categories is another due to different url with and without id.
Thank you,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 11 months ago #129673 by nicolas
If I understand you, you're adding the id there in order to avoid duplicate URLs going to the same pages. Am I right ?

I that case, I don't have a solution as your menu structure is made that way.
However, having different URLs is not a problem. The only requirement is that you enter the URL in the "canonical URL" of each product so that you don't get penalized by search engines.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 11 months ago #129694 by alison
Hello Nicloas,
If I have understood correctly, the question is that I have to add the ID each time to avoid repeated url that also impractical when creating a website with many categories.
Did so that there is no solution by HikaShop? in the configuration or menus?
Thank you,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 11 months ago #129947 by nicolas
Hi,

I'm not sure I understand you. Why is it impractical ?

What I mean by there is no solution is that you configured menus in a way that you have to set the aliases with the ids of the categories in order to not have different URLs. But if you set your menus differently, you would not have to do that. Instead of creating product listing menu items, you should try to create category listing menu items. The system should then be able to switch to the URLs without the ids automatically if the menu items are configured with the correct hierarchy.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.189 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum