- Posts: 47
- Thank you received: 0
Embed Invoice in Email
- oxheadproductions
-
Topic Author
- Offline
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.2.2
-- Joomla version -- : 2.5
My request may be a tall order... or I'm missing something.
I would like to embed or attach the "order invoice" or "order shipping invoice" to the email the store administrator received when there is a purchase... WHY?... our warehouse is separate from admin and is included in the received "auto emails" . They would like the emails to include a copy or attachment of the "order invoice" to print out and including in the shipment to the customer.
Unfortunately giving all the warehouse staff admin permissions to the Joomla backend is not and option... and including the invoices to the emails would be perfect.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
I think that you'll probably find your answer through this thread :
You can do that with the PDF Invoice plugin:
www.hikashop.com/component/hikashop/product/cid-18.html
Note that replacing order_creation_notification by order_administrator_notification will probably do the job.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- oxheadproductions
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 47
- Thank you received: 0
Mohamed Thelji wrote: Hi,
I think that you'll probably find your answer through this thread :You can do that with the PDF Invoice plugin:
www.hikashop.com/component/hikashop/product/cid-18.html
Note that replacing order_creation_notification by order_administrator_notification will probably do the job.
Thanks... I installed the plugin and when I tested it with a purchase... I got an error message (see attached)
Second question... where and how do I replace the order_creation_notification by order_administrator_notification ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
That message doesn't give the exact error. Please look in the php error log of your server for the fatal error message so that we can understand why you have that error.
Mohamed was talking about the changes that I proposed in that other thread:
www.hikashop.com/forum/2-general-talk-ab...-invoices.html#61949
And instead of having order_creation_notification in these code modifications, you should have order_admin_notification instead so that the admin receives the PDF.
Note that it's order_admin_notification and not order_administrator_notification.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- oxheadproductions
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 47
- Thank you received: 0
* About to connect() to api-3t.paypal.com port 443 (#0)
* Trying 173.0.84.69... * connected
* successfully set certificate verify locations:
* CAfile: none
CApath: /etc/ssl/certs
* SSL connection using DES-CBC3-SHA
* Server certificate:
* subject: C=US; ST=California; L=San Jose; O=PayPal, Inc.; OU=PayPal Production; CN=api-3t.paypal.com
* start date: 2013-07-03 00:00:00 GMT
* expire date: 2015-09-18 23:59:59 GMT
* issuer: C=US; O=VeriSign, Inc.; OU=VeriSign Trust Network; OU=Terms of use at h
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- oxheadproductions
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 47
- Thank you received: 0
nicolas wrote: This is not a php error log. Please ask your hosting company if you don't know where to access it.
I talked to my web host folks and no PHP error was generated... what you see is the error message that was generated.
I don't know if this helps...but the TEST purchase went through and the PDF attachment was just right... unfortunately the customers sees the error message. I have disabled the plugin until this gets sorted out.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
What you posted is a default error message generated by apache (your web server) saying that an error occurred during the php processing. But was we need is the php error message (which should be logged) which is generated by the php engine when a problem happens when it processes the page.
Without the PHP error, I don't know why this happens and thus I can't say what to do.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- oxheadproductions
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 47
- Thank you received: 0
I will go back to the server folks...I guest it's in their court. Stay tuned for updates.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- oxheadproductions
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 47
- Thank you received: 0
oxheadproductions wrote: I'm stumped too... my web provider/server folks also have no answers. Although we were able to create mock php errors... so we know what they look like and where they are found... however for some reason the error created from the "Attach Invoice" plug in... does not show as a PHP error. The irony is it does work if you don't mind the customer told it doesn't.
I will go back to the server folks...I guest it's in their court. Stay tuned for updates.
UPDATE - All is working now. It was an issue with my server. The web host said...
"I have increased the PHP memory limit to maximum at .... Now you will be able to checkout the products without any issues"
Thanks for all your help an patience.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.