- Posts: 52
- Thank you received: 2
Log user out after closing website
12 years 10 months ago #134676
by Lexnia
Log user out after closing website was created by Lexnia
-- url of the page with the problem -- :
s293983206.websitehome.co.uk/elevateshop...Full_Package%281%29/
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox - latest
I've been doing the final tests for my clients website and have noticed that when I close the hikashop website and then go back onto it either by clicking the back button on the browser or opening a new tab and inputting the url to the website, it leaves the user still logged in.
I have set the sessions and cookies to 0 under the Joomla configuration, but it does not solve the issue.
Is there any way I can log the user out automatically when they close the website?
Thanks in advance.
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox - latest
I've been doing the final tests for my clients website and have noticed that when I close the hikashop website and then go back onto it either by clicking the back button on the browser or opening a new tab and inputting the url to the website, it leaves the user still logged in.
I have set the sessions and cookies to 0 under the Joomla configuration, but it does not solve the issue.
Is there any way I can log the user out automatically when they close the website?
Thanks in advance.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 10 months ago #134697
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Log user out after closing website
There is no way because websites cannot do that.
The way it works is: you enter a session timeout in the joomla configuration, and if the users doesn't display a page during that interval, he gets logged out.
The way it works is: you enter a session timeout in the joomla configuration, and if the users doesn't display a page during that interval, he gets logged out.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lexnia
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.229 seconds