- Posts: 220
- Thank you received: 8
duplicate url products
12 years 9 months ago #135331
by Udo
duplicate url products was created by Udo
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.2.2
-- Joomla version -- : 1.5
Hi,
I have activated sh404sef in my Hikashop testsite.
I notice that there are some surprising duplicate product urls. For instance:
- product/312-productname/category_pathway-14.html
- product/312-productname/category_pathway-14/Page-1.html (the nonSEF url contains limit=5)
- product/312-productname/category_pathway-14/Page-2.html (the nonSEF url contains limit=5&limitstart=5)
It's about one product on one page, so I don't understand why Page-1 and Page-2 should exist.
Can I get rid of them?
Udo
-- Joomla version -- : 1.5
Hi,
I have activated sh404sef in my Hikashop testsite.
I notice that there are some surprising duplicate product urls. For instance:
- product/312-productname/category_pathway-14.html
- product/312-productname/category_pathway-14/Page-1.html (the nonSEF url contains limit=5)
- product/312-productname/category_pathway-14/Page-2.html (the nonSEF url contains limit=5&limitstart=5)
It's about one product on one page, so I don't understand why Page-1 and Page-2 should exist.
Can I get rid of them?
Udo
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 9 months ago #135396
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic duplicate url products
Hi,
I've never seen such URLs for the product page. In any cases, as long as you fill the canonical URL field of each product, browsers won't flag your pages as duplicate and penalize you for that so it doesn't matter much.
I've never seen such URLs for the product page. In any cases, as long as you fill the canonical URL field of each product, browsers won't flag your pages as duplicate and penalize you for that so it doesn't matter much.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 9 months ago #135515
by Udo
Replied by Udo on topic duplicate url products
Hi,
Thanks for the reply and the tip about the canonical url.
I just discovered the reason for these product urls with page nummer.
It's because of the related products which are shown under the product information.
In the configuration of the module the maximum is 5 related products, but some products in fact have 8 related products.
So the second product page was for showing these extra related products.
After setting the maximum to 10 all product url's with page number were gone.
Udo
Thanks for the reply and the tip about the canonical url.
I just discovered the reason for these product urls with page nummer.
It's because of the related products which are shown under the product information.
In the configuration of the module the maximum is 5 related products, but some products in fact have 8 related products.
So the second product page was for showing these extra related products.
After setting the maximum to 10 all product url's with page number were gone.
Udo
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.192 seconds