- Posts: 214
- Thank you received: 1
Order by Cheapest Price
12 years 8 months ago #139957
by matps
Order by Cheapest Price was created by matps
Hi Guys,
So I've done a search and found several answers but they seem to be 1 to 3 years old, so I just wanted to make sure there isn't an updated way to do this.
Basically I have my search page here www.craftkeg.com/index.php/beer-finder and what I would like to do is display the products by price from cheapest to most expensive, what is the easiest way to do this?
So I've done a search and found several answers but they seem to be 1 to 3 years old, so I just wanted to make sure there isn't an updated way to do this.
Basically I have my search page here www.craftkeg.com/index.php/beer-finder and what I would like to do is display the products by price from cheapest to most expensive, what is the easiest way to do this?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
12 years 8 months ago #139995
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Order by Cheapest Price
Hi,
I think that the solution can be to edit the content menu which have the ID number 105 and use the "Ordering field".
I think that the solution can be to edit the content menu which have the ID number 105 and use the "Ordering field".
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 8 months ago #140072
by matps
Replied by matps on topic Order by Cheapest Price
Hi Mohamed, the content module for this page is 605, the ID for 105 is for my Products listing.
I have the Ordering field set to 'product_page_title' as you can see, but the only option I can see which applies to the price is 'price_price_percentage' , but that doesn't seem to sort it into any logical order that I can see.
I have the Ordering field set to 'product_page_title' as you can see, but the only option I can see which applies to the price is 'price_price_percentage' , but that doesn't seem to sort it into any logical order that I can see.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 8 months ago #140081
by matps
Replied by matps on topic Order by Cheapest Price
Well for now I've created a 'sort by price' filter, but I would like to know for future reference how to sort modules by price.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 8 months ago #140145
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Order by Cheapest Price
Hi,
There is no option to sort by price the products by default. The product_price_percentage column is to specify a percentage for the price of the variants compared to the price of the main product. So selecting it won't do anything logical.
It's really complex to properly sort the products by price as the prices are calculated dynamically on each page for each user and these dynamic calculations (taxes, discounts, user group, etc) cannot be done in the mysql query which handle the sorting.
It will require to create a price pre calculation table and that's a big job to undertake.
There is no option to sort by price the products by default. The product_price_percentage column is to specify a percentage for the price of the variants compared to the price of the main product. So selecting it won't do anything logical.
It's really complex to properly sort the products by price as the prices are calculated dynamically on each page for each user and these dynamic calculations (taxes, discounts, user group, etc) cannot be done in the mysql query which handle the sorting.
It will require to create a price pre calculation table and that's a big job to undertake.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.215 seconds