- Posts: 101
- Thank you received: 9
Product view is gone after update to 2.3.0
-- HikaShop version -- : x.x.x
-- Joomla version -- : x.x
-- PHP version -- : x.x.x
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : XXXXX x.x.x
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Error_message
Hi,
after the update to 2.3.0 the product detail view is gone. The product overview is there but when you click on a product the page is empty. Luckily I tested the update on a copy of the live site. You can see it here: Website
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
It will be a little bit difficult to see the error without any content.
Do you have something in your PHP error log ? Can you activate the debug mode or the error reporting ?
Do you have some product view override ?
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
after a downgrade to 2.2.3 everything works as before. Normally I have a product view override but I was so clever to delete them as I saw the empty page in 2.3.0.
The normal error log doesn't display any error.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
After enabling the "SEF URL options" in Hikashop config, the product view is working with SEO friendly URL's again. But only if no special character is used in the title. For example german "Umlaute" -> ä, ö, ü. A Workaround is to write these words with ae -> ä, oe -> ö, ue -> ü but that's really just a workaround and looks terrible.
To fix this, is your turn.
P.S Umlaute in the title worked before the update.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I did several tests with ä in the product name. With the ids in the URLs, without, with sef, without, with transliteration, without. It worked as expected in all the cases.
So I'm not able to reproduce the problem on our end.
Could you provide a screenshot of the SEF settings of your joomla configuration, of the SEF settings of HikaShop, and a link to a page with a broken link to a product page on your website so that we can see that ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
But you can convince yourself at link
Attached are also the two screens from the settings.
P.S I enabled debug, maybe it helps you.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
The SEF system of Joomla doesn't store the correspondence between the non SEF and the SEFed URLs when it generates the SEFed URL. Because of that, it has to dynamically recalculate the non SEF URL based on the SEFed URL.
If you remove the ids, the system bases itself on the name of the product/category in the URL.
But if the name in the URL is different from the name in the product, which is the case with special characters as they are transliterated by joomla's SEF, it's not possible anymore to retrieve the product from the name in the URL and that's why you get that error.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
An alternative is to use something like sh404SEF which stores the correspondence of the URLs.
And finally the simplest solution is to keep the ids in the URLs.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
P.S Thanks for the hint and I turned off removing the ID's and it's working now.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
HikaShop 2.3.0 include this new option of removing ID int the URL and this option is turn off by default.
So it is just not possible to compare HikaShop 2.2.3 and HikaShop 2.3.0 for the SEF, specially if you use a totally new option
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
no problem with that. But the users have to be warned about such changes because you know that the most of them use SEF URL's. Also you didn't know where's the problem as I posted the problem the first time.
The real solution for my problem is to enable the last option of the Hikashop SEF options.
The ID problem came as I noticed that the problem has to do with SEF, I simply enabled all SEF options in Hikashop and then the product page was back. I didn't really read what the options are doing.
A little bit more of communication from the Hikashop developer to their users were helpful. For Example, why don't you publish if a new version of Hikashop is coming out on the Website's frontpage? The last to updates, I noticed only as I read it randomly in the forum or as I checked my account for a new version.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Glad to see you solved this.
About our communication, we have a changelog that we keep update with the last modification of each release ( www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...ashop-changelog.html ). We also make the new version available via the update menu (Documentation>Update/About) in Hikashop after a short time. Finally, for each big release we send a newsletter to our customers so they know the last version is available.
We'll think about making it more visible though
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.