- Posts: 50
- Thank you received: 1
Characteristics not displaying correctly
- PaulLenton
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
12 years 6 months ago #147113
by PaulLenton
Characteristics not displaying correctly was created by PaulLenton
billbo.co.uk/index.php/bears/premier-collection/15cm-cocoa-bear
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3
-- Joomla version -- : 2.5.18
-- PHP version -- : 5.5.35
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Google Chrome 33.0.1750.146 m
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Blank screen even with debug on.
I have updated Hikashop Business to 2.3 and after checking everything was working on back end products especially characteristics, all seemed ok but on the front end when you select any product then view the different characteristics of that product the pictures stay the same but when you check the product in the back end its all ok.
Need help urgently as its a live site.
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3
-- Joomla version -- : 2.5.18
-- PHP version -- : 5.5.35
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Google Chrome 33.0.1750.146 m
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Blank screen even with debug on.
I have updated Hikashop Business to 2.3 and after checking everything was working on back end products especially characteristics, all seemed ok but on the front end when you select any product then view the different characteristics of that product the pictures stay the same but when you check the product in the back end its all ok.
Need help urgently as its a live site.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 6 months ago #147143
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Characteristics not displaying correctly
Hi,
Do you have some view override for a "product | show_... " ?
In the page source code I can't see any image from the other variants and I can't reproduce your problem in the demo website.
demo.hikashop.com/index.php?option=com_h...ow&Itemid=82&lang=en
That's why I think we should investigate around the view overrides.
Regards,
Do you have some view override for a "product | show_... " ?
In the page source code I can't see any image from the other variants and I can't reproduce your problem in the demo website.
demo.hikashop.com/index.php?option=com_h...ow&Itemid=82&lang=en
That's why I think we should investigate around the view overrides.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- PaulLenton
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 50
- Thank you received: 1
12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #147151
by PaulLenton
Replied by PaulLenton on topic Characteristics not displaying correctly
Hi,
I commented put this code
$this->setLayout('show_block_img');
echo $this->loadTemplate();
in the show for product as I was having trouble with the shadowbox image viewer showing all the images from all the variants . I found the code in the forums. It worked before I upgraded from version 2.1 so i just made the mod after installing the update.
It seems to have fixed the issue. :silly:
Scrap that last comment about fixing the shadowbox issue. I have just removed the code from the templates I use and the shadowbox issue is still there but the images are changing as they should when selecting each variant.
I commented put this code
$this->setLayout('show_block_img');
echo $this->loadTemplate();
in the show for product as I was having trouble with the shadowbox image viewer showing all the images from all the variants . I found the code in the forums. It worked before I upgraded from version 2.1 so i just made the mod after installing the update.
It seems to have fixed the issue. :silly:
Scrap that last comment about fixing the shadowbox issue. I have just removed the code from the templates I use and the shadowbox issue is still there but the images are changing as they should when selecting each variant.
Last edit: 12 years 6 months ago by PaulLenton.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 6 months ago #147169
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Characteristics not displaying correctly
Hi,
Could you please revive my memory about this shadowbox problem ?
I just made a little test in your website and I don't see specific problem with the shadowbox popups...
Regards,
Could you please revive my memory about this shadowbox problem ?
I just made a little test in your website and I don't see specific problem with the shadowbox popups...
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- PaulLenton
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 50
- Thank you received: 1
12 years 6 months ago #147232
by PaulLenton
Replied by PaulLenton on topic Characteristics not displaying correctly
Hi Jerome,
What seems to be happening is this.
When you first select a product then click on the first image ( before selecting a variant ) it displays all the images for all the variants.
After you select a variant and click on an image it show the correct number of images for that variant and likewise if you then select the default variant ( the one that first shows when you select the product from the menu ) that also now shows the correct number of images.
If you select a different product from the menu then come back to the previous product it has reverted back to show all the images again the until you select a variant.
Hope this helps..
What seems to be happening is this.
When you first select a product then click on the first image ( before selecting a variant ) it displays all the images for all the variants.
After you select a variant and click on an image it show the correct number of images for that variant and likewise if you then select the default variant ( the one that first shows when you select the product from the menu ) that also now shows the correct number of images.
If you select a different product from the menu then come back to the previous product it has reverted back to show all the images again the until you select a variant.
Hope this helps..
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 6 months ago #147348
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Characteristics not displaying correctly
Hi,
Can you please edit the view "product | show_block_img" and replace the content
By:
It should separate the gallery of the "no variant" with the rest of the variants dynamic gallery.
Regards,
Can you please edit the view "product | show_block_img" and replace the content
Code:
echo $this->popup->image($html, $img->origin_url, $id, $attr, array('gallery' => 'hikashop_main_image_VARIANT_NAME'));
Code:
if(empty($variant_name)) {
echo $this->popup->image($html, $img->origin_url, $id, $attr, array('gallery' => 'hikashop_main_image'));
} else {
echo $this->popup->image($html, $img->origin_url, $id, $attr, array('gallery' => 'hikashop_main_image_VARIANT_NAME'));
}
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- PaulLenton
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 50
- Thank you received: 1
12 years 6 months ago #147487
by PaulLenton
Replied by PaulLenton on topic Characteristics not displaying correctly
Hi,
I have changed that now in my current template and it seems ok. Will I have to do this in all my templates as they can change depending on the products they pick or time of year.
Thanks
Paul
I have changed that now in my current template and it seems ok. Will I have to do this in all my templates as they can change depending on the products they pick or time of year.
Thanks
Paul
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 6 months ago #147493
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Characteristics not displaying correctly
Hi,
This patch will be integrated in the next HikaShop package.
Overrides are per template so if you change the template, you will have to do the same override. But if this patch is directly in the core, you won't need this override anymore.
Regards,
This patch will be integrated in the next HikaShop package.
Overrides are per template so if you change the template, you will have to do the same override. But if this patch is directly in the core, you won't need this override anymore.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulLenton
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- PaulLenton
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 50
- Thank you received: 1
12 years 6 months ago #147791
by PaulLenton
Replied by PaulLenton on topic Characteristics not displaying correctly
Hi Jerome,
Ok it seems to be ok now with the code change. Look forward to the next update.
Thanks
Paul Kemp
Billbo UK Ltd.
Ok it seems to be ok now with the code change. Look forward to the next update.
Thanks
Paul Kemp
Billbo UK Ltd.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.186 seconds