- Posts: 392
- Thank you received: 0
Pinterest Rich Pins
12 years 6 months ago #148184
by Bugger101
Pinterest Rich Pins was created by Bugger101
Hello,
Has anyone requested Pinterest rich pins integration yet? developers.pinterest.com/rich_pins/
Has anyone requested Pinterest rich pins integration yet? developers.pinterest.com/rich_pins/
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 6 months ago #148196
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Pinterest Rich Pins
Hi,
Reading that document, it says that the rich pins integration is compatible with schema.org which is what does the "HikaShop Microdata on Product Page plugin" plugin. So if you activate it, it should hopefully work with that.
Reading that document, it says that the rich pins integration is compatible with schema.org which is what does the "HikaShop Microdata on Product Page plugin" plugin. So if you activate it, it should hopefully work with that.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bugger101
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 5 months ago #239078
by drfenning
Replied by drfenning on topic Pinterest Rich Pins
When I turned this plugin on this my menu moved into the content section of the page. see image.
Url:
daniellefenningdesigns.com/index.php/our...rt-bracelet-earrings
You have the latest stable version of HikaShop Essential: 2.6.2
Url:
daniellefenningdesigns.com/index.php/our...rt-bracelet-earrings
You have the latest stable version of HikaShop Essential: 2.6.2
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 5 months ago #239099
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Pinterest Rich Pins
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 5 months ago #239203
by drfenning
Replied by drfenning on topic Pinterest Rich Pins
No I turned off the plugin as the site is live. Did you see the image?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 4 months ago #239231
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Pinterest Rich Pins
Hi,
I did see the image, but I can't say anything useful about the problem if I can't analyse the HTML/CSS/JS on the page with the issue. So I need to be able to see it for myself.
So could you do something for that ? If the site is live, you can create a copy of it with the issue so that we can look at it there.
I did see the image, but I can't say anything useful about the problem if I can't analyse the HTML/CSS/JS on the page with the issue. So I need to be able to see it for myself.
So could you do something for that ? If the site is live, you can create a copy of it with the issue so that we can look at it there.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #239261
by drfenning
Replied by drfenning on topic Pinterest Rich Pins
I turned it back on, and, of course, it's not doing it. But it is also not pulling the metadata for the rich pins either.
Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by drfenning.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 4 months ago #239273
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Pinterest Rich Pins
The microdata attributes are added automatically on the product page. You don't need to enable the HikaShop microdata plugin anymore. It can actually create issues with the attributes already on the product page so you should keep it disabled.
Also, I've checked your product page with developers.google.com/structured-data/testing-tool/ but there are errors on the page. I would recommend to update to HikaShop 2.6.3 which should fix them.
Maybe that's why the microdata isn't taken into account on your website ?
Also, I've checked your product page with developers.google.com/structured-data/testing-tool/ but there are errors on the page. I would recommend to update to HikaShop 2.6.3 which should fix them.
Maybe that's why the microdata isn't taken into account on your website ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 4 months ago #239310
by drfenning
Replied by drfenning on topic Pinterest Rich Pins
Thank you, Nicolas. I have installed the newest version of the Hikashop and the plugin is turned off. What microdata is automatically displayed with Hikashop. I only see the description, no product title, price, availability or currency which is what pinterest requires to validate rich pins.
I know that this can be added to the code, but I am OBVIOUSLY no programmer. Thanks for your help.
I know that this can be added to the code, but I am OBVIOUSLY no programmer. Thanks for your help.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 4 months ago #239326
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Pinterest Rich Pins
Hi,
Do you have view overrides ? If it is, you have to do a backup and remove them to really have the latest version of the views.
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/1...ize-the-display.html
Do you have view overrides ? If it is, you have to do a backup and remove them to really have the latest version of the views.
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/1...ize-the-display.html
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 4 months ago #239745
by drfenning
Replied by drfenning on topic Pinterest Rich Pins
Thanks. Removed overrides, reinstalled Hikashop. Microdata plugin is off. Still only see description.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 4 months ago #239752
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Pinterest Rich Pins
I don't see why the description wouldn't display.
If you switch to the default template of Joomla do you have the problem ? If not, then the problem is with the template view overrides. I would recommend to contact your template provider in that case.
If yes, then the description is likely empty because it is empty in the product, or something else interfers with the display of the description in the product page.
If you switch to the default template of Joomla do you have the problem ? If not, then the problem is with the template view overrides. I would recommend to contact your template provider in that case.
If yes, then the description is likely empty because it is empty in the product, or something else interfers with the display of the description in the product page.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.237 seconds