- Posts: 15
- Thank you received: 0
Links not working after upgrade to essential
12 years 6 months ago #149402
by Shelstar1
Links not working after upgrade to essential was created by Shelstar1
Hi guys,
I am upgrading (well attempting to...) Hikashop from Starter to Essential.
Found out that the GZIP package didn't install properly ( it could not find the setup in the tmp directory)
Then worked with the "normal" ZIP file - All good.
Problem is though that after installing Essential the links to pages/products do not work anymore.
The customer asked me to roll it back as she was worried no one would be able to see/buy anything. Therefor I recreated the site locally on a XAMPP and had the same issue.
Obviously it is kind of hard to show you the problem on the testsite, so I will try to pain a picture here.
In the Starter version the customer had opted for a Picture that would lead the visitor to the Category with all the products included there. That is still fine.
However when attempting to click on a product fails as it does not see it as a link ( which should bring the visitor to a descriptive page and opportunity to buy the item)
I suspect there is a simple setting that I just do not know about (I never worked with Hikashop,
Can you tell me where I need to look and "activate" the link again?
I appreciate your feedback
-- url of the page with the problem -- : www.easyfitness.ie (install has been rolled back on request of the customer, currently testing on a Xampp setup)
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.30
-- Joomla version -- : 1.5.26
-- PHP version -- : x.x.x
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : independent
-- Error - Links not working as links anymore
I am upgrading (well attempting to...) Hikashop from Starter to Essential.
Found out that the GZIP package didn't install properly ( it could not find the setup in the tmp directory)
Then worked with the "normal" ZIP file - All good.
Problem is though that after installing Essential the links to pages/products do not work anymore.
The customer asked me to roll it back as she was worried no one would be able to see/buy anything. Therefor I recreated the site locally on a XAMPP and had the same issue.
Obviously it is kind of hard to show you the problem on the testsite, so I will try to pain a picture here.
In the Starter version the customer had opted for a Picture that would lead the visitor to the Category with all the products included there. That is still fine.
However when attempting to click on a product fails as it does not see it as a link ( which should bring the visitor to a descriptive page and opportunity to buy the item)
I suspect there is a simple setting that I just do not know about (I never worked with Hikashop,
Can you tell me where I need to look and "activate" the link again?
I appreciate your feedback
-- url of the page with the problem -- : www.easyfitness.ie (install has been rolled back on request of the customer, currently testing on a Xampp setup)
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.30
-- Joomla version -- : 1.5.26
-- PHP version -- : x.x.x
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : independent
-- Error - Links not working as links anymore
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 6 months ago #149409
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Links not working after upgrade to essential
Hi,
Please deactivate the feature "Remove products and categories id in URLs" in your HikaShop / Features / SEF configuration panel.
Regards,
Please deactivate the feature "Remove products and categories id in URLs" in your HikaShop / Features / SEF configuration panel.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 6 months ago #149418
by Shelstar1
Replied by Shelstar1 on topic Links not working after upgrade to essential
Thanks Jerome 
Sadly that was already set to "no" ( I take it this was inherited from the starter version)
It did not bring the solution. I tried to see if any of the other settings gave me a better result, but no...
Any other ideas ?
Rick
Sadly that was already set to "no" ( I take it this was inherited from the starter version)
It did not bring the solution. I tried to see if any of the other settings gave me a better result, but no...
Any other ideas ?
Rick
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 6 months ago #149421
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Links not working after upgrade to essential
We would need to see the website or a copy of it with the issue in order to say more in what could be done.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Shelstar1
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 6 months ago #149448
by Shelstar1
Replied by Shelstar1 on topic Links not working after upgrade to essential
Hi Nicolas,
That is possible now.
www.ams14.siteground.eu/~easyfitn/
When you click on one of the "categories" it takes you to the items - but you cannot get any further than that as the links aren't links anymore....
Regards,
Rick
That is possible now.
www.ams14.siteground.eu/~easyfitn/
When you click on one of the "categories" it takes you to the items - but you cannot get any further than that as the links aren't links anymore....
Regards,
Rick
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 6 months ago #149455
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Links not working after upgrade to essential
Hi,
All I see there (for example on that page www.ams14.siteground.eu/~easyfitn/index....&task=listing&cid=22 ) is that the "link to product page" option of the products listing module (id 66 that you can edit via the menu Display->Content modules) is turned off. Turn it on and it will work.
All I see there (for example on that page www.ams14.siteground.eu/~easyfitn/index....&task=listing&cid=22 ) is that the "link to product page" option of the products listing module (id 66 that you can edit via the menu Display->Content modules) is turned off. Turn it on and it will work.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Shelstar1
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 6 months ago #149543
by Shelstar1
Replied by Shelstar1 on topic Links not working after upgrade to essential
Brill !!
It is working indeed now.
What an obvious thing to still miss!! Yet.. if you don't know such an option was there...
So thanks Nicolas
Rick
It is working indeed now.
What an obvious thing to still miss!! Yet.. if you don't know such an option was there...
So thanks Nicolas
Rick
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.196 seconds