- Posts: 60
- Thank you received: 3
Template Modifications - Upgrade Question
- blueagle1829
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
12 years 6 months ago #150108
by blueagle1829
Template Modifications - Upgrade Question was created by blueagle1829
-- url of the page with the problem -- :
mack.us.tempcloudsite.com
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.2.2
-- Joomla version -- : 3.2.3
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.27
I have made some modifications to the template and various CSS files of my site. I know that eventually I'll have to upgrade HikaShop for one reason or another.
Is there a way to upgrade the software but keep the modifications through the use of overrides or some other means?
Thanks. LOVE HikaShop!
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.2.2
-- Joomla version -- : 3.2.3
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.27
I have made some modifications to the template and various CSS files of my site. I know that eventually I'll have to upgrade HikaShop for one reason or another.
Is there a way to upgrade the software but keep the modifications through the use of overrides or some other means?
Thanks. LOVE HikaShop!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 6 months ago #150120
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Template Modifications - Upgrade Question
Hi,
If your modified your views thanks to the view override in HikaShop (backend > HikaShop > display > views) and the CSS in the HikaShop configuration panel, these overrides will be stored in folders that won't be replace/removed with updates.
So it allows you to update/upgrade without any kind of problem.
Regards,
If your modified your views thanks to the view override in HikaShop (backend > HikaShop > display > views) and the CSS in the HikaShop configuration panel, these overrides will be stored in folders that won't be replace/removed with updates.
So it allows you to update/upgrade without any kind of problem.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.182 seconds