- Posts: 107
- Thank you received: 2
"Read more" function
12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #150132
by bw92116
"Read more" function was created by bw92116
-- url of the page with the problem -- :
mywebsite.com/mypage
-- HikaShop version -- : Starter 2.3.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.2.3
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.28
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Safari 7.0.2, Firefox 28.0
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Error_message
I can't figure out how to get the "Read More" link to work on the product page.
I have "Read more" set to Yes in the Configuation -> Main. (see screen shot "configuration.jpg"
I have <hr id="system-readmore"/" in the product description (see screen shot (product-description.jpg)
Yet the product display page shows the full description, not the "Read more" link.
What I would like is for the product page to show "Read more" and when they click on that, it expands to give the full description.
Is this possible, and if so, how do I set this?
Thank you
-- HikaShop version -- : Starter 2.3.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.2.3
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.28
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Safari 7.0.2, Firefox 28.0
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Error_message
I can't figure out how to get the "Read More" link to work on the product page.
I have "Read more" set to Yes in the Configuation -> Main. (see screen shot "configuration.jpg"
I have <hr id="system-readmore"/" in the product description (see screen shot (product-description.jpg)
Yet the product display page shows the full description, not the "Read more" link.
What I would like is for the product page to show "Read more" and when they click on that, it expands to give the full description.
Is this possible, and if so, how do I set this?
Thank you
Last edit: 12 years 6 months ago by bw92116.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #150134
by lionel75
Replied by lionel75 on topic "Read more" function
Hi
the url go to website.1and1.com/#top
since i can't have a look to the page website i don't know if the code write in the BackEnd is still thee in the FrontEnd.
here some clues
a---readmore need many setting verify your setting refer to this link
b--some forum speak about syntax
don't use HTML syntax <hr id="system-readmore"/>
try joomla syntax !! <hr id="system-readmore">
c--joomla parse html file and remove some code before send the html code in browser
d--joomla editor could be the problem
regard's
the url go to website.1and1.com/#top
since i can't have a look to the page website i don't know if the code write in the BackEnd is still thee in the FrontEnd.
here some clues
a---readmore need many setting verify your setting refer to this link
b--some forum speak about syntax
don't use HTML syntax <hr id="system-readmore"/>
try joomla syntax !! <hr id="system-readmore">
c--joomla parse html file and remove some code before send the html code in browser
d--joomla editor could be the problem
regard's
Last edit: 12 years 6 months ago by lionel75.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #150135
by bw92116
Replied by bw92116 on topic "Read more" function
Sorry, I forgot to enter the URL, because I attached screen shots instead.
The URL is:
fireworksland.com/component/hikashop/product/3135-baja-bomber
Thank you for your reply. I will look at your answers and try them.
In Global Configurations, I did have Show Read More set to Hide.
I set it to Show, cleared all caches, and it still did not show "Read More."
The Joomla editor is JCE, but I do not use it to enter product information, I used CSV import. First, I imported all the data from VirtueMart to HikaShop. Originally in VirtueMart the first part was in the Short Description field and the second part in the Long Description field, because those were on different pages.
After the import, they were combined into one field, with the <"system-readmore"/> tag between them. So all products now have that tag in the description. I did not add that tag, I assume the HikaShop import process added that tag.
I tried changing one product, the one in the link above, <"system-readmore"/> to <"system-readmore">
It changed the display a little bit, adding a space between what was before and after that code.
But it still did not show the "Read more..." link. So I still don't have the "Read more" link, I have the full description showing.
On your suggestion (c) I don't know what to do to change that.
Thank you for your help.
The URL is:
fireworksland.com/component/hikashop/product/3135-baja-bomber
Thank you for your reply. I will look at your answers and try them.
In Global Configurations, I did have Show Read More set to Hide.
I set it to Show, cleared all caches, and it still did not show "Read More."
The Joomla editor is JCE, but I do not use it to enter product information, I used CSV import. First, I imported all the data from VirtueMart to HikaShop. Originally in VirtueMart the first part was in the Short Description field and the second part in the Long Description field, because those were on different pages.
After the import, they were combined into one field, with the <"system-readmore"/> tag between them. So all products now have that tag in the description. I did not add that tag, I assume the HikaShop import process added that tag.
I tried changing one product, the one in the link above, <"system-readmore"/> to <"system-readmore">
It changed the display a little bit, adding a space between what was before and after that code.
But it still did not show the "Read more..." link. So I still don't have the "Read more" link, I have the full description showing.
On your suggestion (c) I don't know what to do to change that.
Thank you for your help.
Last edit: 12 years 6 months ago by bw92116.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #150147
by lionel75
Replied by lionel75 on topic "Read more" function
Hi
c) is for security but i don't think the problem come from this item
e) could be add text in the PArameters advanced -> Alternative read more text -> write a label for readmore
i think joomla as a predefine label for readmore !!
i think after have a look to your page that none of my items are the way to go
the code is not process in the joomla server side by extension !!
========readmore can be use only in articles published in blog layout.==========
the common implicit way to say that is " readmore is use for article shows on a featured articles page "
com_content manage readmore !!
readmore plug add button in the editor BackEnd side .
read this article
hope i don't write something false
test by yourself ...
regard's
c) is for security but i don't think the problem come from this item
e) could be add text in the PArameters advanced -> Alternative read more text -> write a label for readmore
i think joomla as a predefine label for readmore !!
i think after have a look to your page that none of my items are the way to go
the code is not process in the joomla server side by extension !!
========readmore can be use only in articles published in blog layout.==========
the common implicit way to say that is " readmore is use for article shows on a featured articles page "
com_content manage readmore !!
readmore plug add button in the editor BackEnd side .
read this article
hope i don't write something false
test by yourself ...
regard's
Last edit: 12 years 6 months ago by lionel75.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #151342
by lionel75
Replied by lionel75 on topic "Read more" function
Hi
did you figure out how to get the "Read More" link to work on the product page.?
If yes ; How do you resolve the issue ?
I don't know if kunema forum support a way to say if the thread is close and resolve but this option
is usefull if we want learn from user case ( forum) rather than documentation .
Regard's
did you figure out how to get the "Read More" link to work on the product page.?
If yes ; How do you resolve the issue ?
I don't know if kunema forum support a way to say if the thread is close and resolve but this option
is usefull if we want learn from user case ( forum) rather than documentation .
Regard's
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by lionel75.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mohamed Thelji
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #151397
by bw92116
Replied by bw92116 on topic "Read more" function
No, I could not get it to work. I tried everything I could find but I still could not get it to show a "Read more..." link. Read more works on the category page, for example see
fireworksland.com/reviews
, but it does not work on product pages, at least on my site.
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by bw92116.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 5 months ago #151413
by lionel75
Replied by lionel75 on topic "Read more" function
Hi
Does someone in the forum succeed to make work readmore on product page ?
Thank's for feedback
Does someone in the forum succeed to make work readmore on product page ?
Thank's for feedback
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 5 months ago #151455
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic "Read more" function
Hi,
Thanks to try this kind of code:
Thanks to try this kind of code:
Code:
if(!empty($this->element->product_description)){
$resume = substr(strip_tags(preg_replace('#<hr *id="system-readmore" */>.*#is','',$this->element->product_description)),0,300);
if (!empty($this->element->product_description) && strlen($this->element->product_description)>300)
$resume .= " ...<a href='#hikashop_show_tabular_description'>".JText::_('READ_MORE')."</a>";
echo JHTML::_('content.prepare',$resume);
}
The following user(s) said Thank You: bw92116
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 5 months ago #151571
by bw92116
Replied by bw92116 on topic "Read more" function
Thank you for that reply.
Which file would that code go into?
Which file would that code go into?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 5 months ago #151601
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic "Read more" function
Hi,
If you want that on the product page then you have to edit the view "product / show_default" via the menu Display > Views
If you want that on the product page then you have to edit the view "product / show_default" via the menu Display > Views
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 5 months ago #151615
by bw92116
Replied by bw92116 on topic "Read more" function
OK, thank you.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.242 seconds