Skip to main content

Browser Page Title

More
12 years 5 months ago #153683 by oilibear
Browser Page Title was created by oilibear
Hi,

I would like to pull the Browser Page Title from the Joomla page display section and I have Use menu name instead of
category name for the title enabled, but neither Menu Title nor Browser Page Title from Page Display are showing.

Please advice.

Thanks,
Kashka

-- url of the page with the problem -- : hammocks.ie/hammocksUAT/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 months ago #153715 by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Browser Page Title
Hi,

I do see the component heading and the page title set on your products listing on my end: hammocks.ie/hammocksUAT/index.php/hammock-stands
Maybe I'm missing something in your request ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 months ago #153761 by oilibear
Replied by oilibear on topic Browser Page Title
Hi,
I think we didn't understand each other.
In the store category's menu, all the Browser Page Title are set up to display "Hammockology | Name of the category"
I have "Use menu name instead of category name for the title" enabled but it doesn't pull it, see the back end settings and the front end display.
Any ideas?

Thanks,
Kashka

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 months ago #153766 by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Browser Page Title
Hi,

You should enter it in the "Page heading" option.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 months ago #157168 by oilibear
Replied by oilibear on topic Browser Page Title
Nicolas, it doesn't make sense what you say, I amended the "Page heading" to in this case Hammockology | Babies and kids and the title of the category is changed and at the top of the category it displays Hammockology | Babies and kids which is not what I want, I want this name to be displayed in the browser window, and the Browser Page Title doesn't display what's there, can you please advice?

Kashka

PS: see screen grabs of the front end and back end with the suggested changes...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 months ago #157413 by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Browser Page Title
In that case what you should have "Babies and kids" for the page heading to get it in the page heading.
For the browser page title, it is correct in the menu item settings. If you don't see it, it means that you entered a page title in the current category in hikashop and thus it overrides the page title of the menu item. So check your categories' page title setting.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 months ago #158483 by oilibear
Replied by oilibear on topic Browser Page Title
Nicolas, that's fantastic, it did the trick brilliantly, thank you so much for that!
Kashka

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.229 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum