- Posts: 68
- Thank you received: 0
moving users from one DB to another
12 years 4 months ago #155347
by ROUBOS
moving users from one DB to another was created by ROUBOS
-- url of the page with the problem -- : mybabylonia.gr
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.0
-- Joomla version -- : 2.5.4
-- PHP version -- : x.x.x
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : XXXXX x.x.x
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Error_message
Trying to move user details from one DB to another, and I noticed that the user IDs in Joomla 2.5.4, are different than those in Hikashop for the same person.
How are they linked?
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.0
-- Joomla version -- : 2.5.4
-- PHP version -- : x.x.x
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : XXXXX x.x.x
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Error_message
Trying to move user details from one DB to another, and I noticed that the user IDs in Joomla 2.5.4, are different than those in Hikashop for the same person.
How are they linked?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 4 months ago #155350
by ROUBOS
Replied by ROUBOS on topic moving users from one DB to another
so I noticed that they have two different Id's. on is the CMS id and one for hikashop
What will happen if I only import the CMS user table,? what will that mean for hika shop?
What will happen if I only import the CMS user table,? what will that mean for hika shop?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 4 months ago #155389
by ROUBOS
Replied by ROUBOS on topic moving users from one DB to another
Well,
I just moved across the normal joomla user table users.
I did not move any info from hika shop tables as I was getting lost with all the ids.
There were different users with the same id in these two databases, and I manually changed the users table ids.
Lost track trying to do it for hikashop's tables.
I just moved across the normal joomla user table users.
I did not move any info from hika shop tables as I was getting lost with all the ids.
There were different users with the same id in these two databases, and I manually changed the users table ids.
Lost track trying to do it for hikashop's tables.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 4 months ago #155352
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic moving users from one DB to another
If you don't import the hikashop_user table, you'll have to install HikaShop on your new website and during the install process it will synchronize the users from joomla in the hikashop_user table.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 4 months ago #155457
by ROUBOS
Replied by ROUBOS on topic moving users from one DB to another
see I don't have the original hikashop archive in order to install it again.
Is there something else I can do?
Or should I only import the hikashop_user table and no other hikashop tables?
Is there something else I can do?
Or should I only import the hikashop_user table and no other hikashop tables?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 4 months ago #155479
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic moving users from one DB to another
I don't know because I don't know what you want to do.
Do you want to migrate the orders/addresses from the old to the new website ? In that case, you would also need to migrate the user table yes.
Otherwise, no need to migrate it. Simply install HikaShp on the new website and you'll get the users synchronized in HikaShop automatically. You can even do it with the Starter edition.
Do you want to migrate the orders/addresses from the old to the new website ? In that case, you would also need to migrate the user table yes.
Otherwise, no need to migrate it. Simply install HikaShp on the new website and you'll get the users synchronized in HikaShop automatically. You can even do it with the Starter edition.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 4 months ago #155690
by ROUBOS
Replied by ROUBOS on topic moving users from one DB to another
I imported the Hikashop user table.
Then I double checked the cms user ids of the hikashop_users and made sure that they were correctly pointing to the joomla user ids.
So now the users are all there.
In order to import the order history and addresses, I will have to go through one by one and check all the ids... in order to manually import the information.
I guess I could do it with a lot of work, but don't know if I want to experiment any longer since the site is now live and users are accessing the site making orders.
Then I double checked the cms user ids of the hikashop_users and made sure that they were correctly pointing to the joomla user ids.
So now the users are all there.
In order to import the order history and addresses, I will have to go through one by one and check all the ids... in order to manually import the information.
I guess I could do it with a lot of work, but don't know if I want to experiment any longer since the site is now live and users are accessing the site making orders.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.186 seconds