- Posts: 265
- Thank you received: 1
On click enlargement of images on product pages
- Holmes-Pierce
-
Topic Author
- Offline
I've made a few changes to my website recently (new menus etc). I'm now having a problem with new product images not enlarging when I click on them on the front end. I still get a pop up but at the same size as the product image. The old ones still work normally. Any ideas?
Thanks,
Hal
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
The documentation says:
Image width and Image height : You can specify a maximum width and a maximum height for images attached to products. If the images appears to be bigger, they will be resized automatically during the upload process. If you do not want to resize images, leave these fields blank. These options only apply to the "zoomed" image of products on the product page and to the current category image on category/product listings. Note that if you change these values, the images you already uploaded in your products/categories won't be resized as this process is done at the moment you upload them.
So, no values = original image size in popups, just as uploaded (only limited by screen/window size).
Some values smaller than that = popup size limited to those values.
And all that only for images uploaded since you entered these values.
Wrap-up: Empty those fields. Because I guess that along with those "few changes" you made, you entered some values there that happen to be identical with "Product page image width" and "... height"?
Need help with customisations of layouts, style or other site development? PM me!
(Don't forget to turn on "E-mail notification of new messages" )
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Holmes-Pierce
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 265
- Thank you received: 1
I changed the values to 'blank' and uploaded an image, but it was still the same size when I 'clicked it'. I set the image height width attributes to 700 x 700 and this has worked to make the images larger. I'm happy with the size of the opened image.
Thanks,
Hal
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Are you sure that the uploaded images have a bigger size than the picture present in the product page ?
What are your settings for Image width / Image height in Configuration > Main > Images ?
Image width and Image height : You can specify a maximum width and a maximum height for images attached to products. If the images appears to be bigger, they will be resized automatically during the upload process. If you do not want to resize images, leave these fields blank. These options only apply to the "zoomed" image of products on the product page and to the current category image on category/product listings. Note that if you change these values, the images you already uploaded in your products/categories won't be resized as this process is done at the moment you upload them.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Holmes-Pierce
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 265
- Thank you received: 1
I've had a lot of problems since upgrading hikashop, my most important one though is that people can't login. I need as much help as I can with that one!
Thanks,
Hal
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Do you have the latest 2.3.1 version of HikaShop ?
This issue had been introduced by Joomla 3.x so updating your Joomla version could also solve the issue.
If updating don't change anything, thanks to check the users settings in Joomla options.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Holmes-Pierce
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 265
- Thank you received: 1
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Holmes-Pierce
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 265
- Thank you received: 1
I 're-uploaded' all the images with the new 700x700 maximum, which I found to be a good size.
I have tried to replicate the problem that I had before. I changed the image settings back to blank and created a new product and uploaded an image, but for some reason its working now as it was prior to the update now...
I have asked Xavier to take a look at another problem I'm having logging in to the website as a registered user, referred to below. At the moment no registered user can login, at either the account page or checkout page. It's been like that for over a week now and I'm losing sales as a result. Any solutions for that would be much appreciated.
Thanks,
Hal
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Thanks for keeping us update on this.
We'll try to help you with your other issue on the other topic.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.