Product switched when PayPal is cancelled
12 years 3 months ago #160622
by simo90
Brad
Sunday School Teacher Training
www.m2820.com
Product switched when PayPal is cancelled was created by simo90
I am having a few problems with HikaShop on
www.m2820.com
. I recently upgraded to the latest Business version and it seems like a have a few, new issues which I’ll ask about below:
1. If I add a book to the shopping cart, go to pay, click Finish so it takes me to PayPal, but then on the PayPal site decide to cancel the order by clicking, “Return to M2820.com”, a few different things happen:
A. Sometimes it returns to the checkout page of HikaShop showing the correct book still selected. If I click “Finish” again, so it’ll take me to PayPal,
B. Other times, it returns to the Store with a ‘Different’ book in the shopping cart...not the one I originally had in there.
Not quit sure what is going on.
2. When I click on “Orders” in the “Orders” dropdown button, I get the Order page. On this page, down the left side of the screen, I see the info. boxes entitled:
Main Information
Customer
Billing Address
Product list
History
But, then I have to use the horizontal scroll bar at the bottom of the browser and scroll over at least another full screen to see the next two boxes:
Additional Information
Shipping address
Then, I have to scroll another full screen to see how many of each product they ordered and the total price they ordered.
It seems that before I upgraded to the latest HikaShop version, this could all be seen on one screen. Is there a way to make it so I don’t have to scroll as much?
1. If I add a book to the shopping cart, go to pay, click Finish so it takes me to PayPal, but then on the PayPal site decide to cancel the order by clicking, “Return to M2820.com”, a few different things happen:
A. Sometimes it returns to the checkout page of HikaShop showing the correct book still selected. If I click “Finish” again, so it’ll take me to PayPal,
B. Other times, it returns to the Store with a ‘Different’ book in the shopping cart...not the one I originally had in there.
Not quit sure what is going on.
2. When I click on “Orders” in the “Orders” dropdown button, I get the Order page. On this page, down the left side of the screen, I see the info. boxes entitled:
Main Information
Customer
Billing Address
Product list
History
But, then I have to use the horizontal scroll bar at the bottom of the browser and scroll over at least another full screen to see the next two boxes:
Additional Information
Shipping address
Then, I have to scroll another full screen to see how many of each product they ordered and the total price they ordered.
It seems that before I upgraded to the latest HikaShop version, this could all be seen on one screen. Is there a way to make it so I don’t have to scroll as much?
Brad
Sunday School Teacher Training
www.m2820.com
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
12 years 3 months ago #160772
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Product switched when PayPal is cancelled
Hello,
1. That's probably a cache issue, can you disable the Joomla cache, and clear it ? You'll also have to disable it in the joomla config, and unpublish the cache plugin. Also can you clear your browser's cache and try it again ?
2. Can you show me how exactly how your order detail page is displayed through some screenshots ? Also, can you test it with another back-end template, like the default Joomla templates for example ?
Thanks
1. That's probably a cache issue, can you disable the Joomla cache, and clear it ? You'll also have to disable it in the joomla config, and unpublish the cache plugin. Also can you clear your browser's cache and try it again ?
2. Can you show me how exactly how your order detail page is displayed through some screenshots ? Also, can you test it with another back-end template, like the default Joomla templates for example ?
Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: MumsHealth
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 68
- Thank you received: 8
12 years 3 months ago #160791
by MumsHealth
Replied by MumsHealth on topic Product switched when PayPal is cancelled
I was having similar problems. Clearing and disabling the cache fixed the problem. Is there anyway to have cacheing on and not have this problem?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #160895
by simo90
Brad
Sunday School Teacher Training
www.m2820.com
Replied by simo90 on topic Product switched when PayPal is cancelled
I'm not exactly sure which screen you wanted me to capture, so I captured a few of the ordering screen that looked relevant. If you still need another one, please indicate where it is located.
Brad
Sunday School Teacher Training
www.m2820.com
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by simo90.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #160849
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Product switched when PayPal is cancelled
The problem is that a cart needs to be dynamic and cannot be cached.
The joomla cache system doesn't allow for that.
You would have to use a more fine grained caching system and cache only the places which don't need to be dynamic.
You can fine other caching solutions on the JED: extensions.joomla.org/extensions/core-en...ts/performance/cache
The joomla cache system doesn't allow for that.
You would have to use a more fine grained caching system and cache only the places which don't need to be dynamic.
You can fine other caching solutions on the JED: extensions.joomla.org/extensions/core-en...ts/performance/cache
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by Mohamed Thelji.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 68
- Thank you received: 8
12 years 3 months ago #161007
by MumsHealth
Replied by MumsHealth on topic Product switched when PayPal is cancelled
Thanks Nicolas.
simo90: Make sure your cache is disabled. I had similar problems and disabling the cache solved them.
Go to system > Global Configuration then click in the system tab and set the cache to off - see attached image.
simo90: Make sure your cache is disabled. I had similar problems and disabling the cache solved them.
Go to system > Global Configuration then click in the system tab and set the cache to off - see attached image.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.248 seconds