- Posts: 147
- Thank you received: 6
Category trace in the url - MycatNm/subCatN/produc
12 years 3 months ago #160768
by maujbigo
Category trace in the url - MycatNm/subCatN/produc was created by maujbigo
Hi All,
I am trying to get the categories where a product belong to in the url.
for example: product-range/category-bubbles/blue-bubbles/products/product
I tried associating the products module to the category listing menu but it didn't do the trick.
Help please.
-- HikaShop version -- : Essential: 2.3.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3
I am trying to get the categories where a product belong to in the url.
for example: product-range/category-bubbles/blue-bubbles/products/product
I tried associating the products module to the category listing menu but it didn't do the trick.
Help please.
-- HikaShop version -- : Essential: 2.3.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
12 years 3 months ago #160771
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Category trace in the url - MycatNm/subCatN/produc
Hello,
Accessing to your product through your category listing should do the job, can you give me a link to your category listing so that I can directly test it ?
Thanks.
Accessing to your product through your category listing should do the job, can you give me a link to your category listing so that I can directly test it ?
Thanks.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 3 months ago #160951
by maujbigo
Replied by maujbigo on topic Category trace in the url - MycatNm/subCatN/produc
Hi Mohamed,
I don't have a link yet as I am still working on it and at early stage.
Here is what I have done.
- Installed Hikashop
- created my categories and subcategories
- added a product to one of my sub-cateries
- created a menu item alias on my main navigation/menu called 'Product Range'. Alias to the hikashop menu category listing item (just as installed)
- On the 'Hikashop menu default menus', category listing item, associated modules there was already a 'products' module
- on the setting for that product module associated with the category listing, under the parameter 'menu' I selected the hikashop menu category listing.
No, it is not doing the trick, when I land on the product page the url looks like this
index.php/products-range/product/1-product-alias
What I need is
product-range/category-bubbles/blue-bubbles/products/product
Am I doing something wrong?
Thanks
I don't have a link yet as I am still working on it and at early stage.
Here is what I have done.
- Installed Hikashop
- created my categories and subcategories
- added a product to one of my sub-cateries
- created a menu item alias on my main navigation/menu called 'Product Range'. Alias to the hikashop menu category listing item (just as installed)
- On the 'Hikashop menu default menus', category listing item, associated modules there was already a 'products' module
- on the setting for that product module associated with the category listing, under the parameter 'menu' I selected the hikashop menu category listing.
No, it is not doing the trick, when I land on the product page the url looks like this
index.php/products-range/product/1-product-alias
What I need is
product-range/category-bubbles/blue-bubbles/products/product
Am I doing something wrong?
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 2 months ago #163633
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Category trace in the url - MycatNm/subCatN/produc
Hi,
You have potentially to edit the settings in Configuration > Features > SEF in order to get the desired urls.
What you need seems to be very long urls, so product-range need to be a category listing menu, category-bubbles sub category of product-range, blue-bubbles sub category of category-bubbles, and then products a sub category of blue-bubbles, then product is the product in the products categoy. So, I don't think that it is very userfriendly to have this kind of navigation and of url.
Don't have "products" in the url could be a good thing I think.
You have potentially to edit the settings in Configuration > Features > SEF in order to get the desired urls.
What you need seems to be very long urls, so product-range need to be a category listing menu, category-bubbles sub category of product-range, blue-bubbles sub category of category-bubbles, and then products a sub category of blue-bubbles, then product is the product in the products categoy. So, I don't think that it is very userfriendly to have this kind of navigation and of url.
Don't have "products" in the url could be a good thing I think.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.174 seconds