- Posts: 272
- Thank you received: 7
Position of "Shortcuts to other category prosucts"
12 years 3 months ago #161297
by boopoo
Position of "Shortcuts to other category prosucts" was created by boopoo
Hello,
I would like to change the position of the shortcut arrows which link to other products within the same category.
At present the arrows are just above the product page title, but I would like them to be displayed just below the product page title (image attached)
Can you tell me how I would do this? I appreciate you guys are busy but if you can help I would be very happy indeed.
Thanks
I would like to change the position of the shortcut arrows which link to other products within the same category.
At present the arrows are just above the product page title, but I would like them to be displayed just below the product page title (image attached)
Can you tell me how I would do this? I appreciate you guys are busy but if you can help I would be very happy indeed.
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 3 months ago #161315
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Position of "Shortcuts to other category prosucts"
Hi,
The clean way to do it is to move the code of the arrows from the "show" file to the "show_default" file of the view "product" via the menu Display>Views.
But it's not simple if you're not a developer.
Another simpler solution is to use CSS to move the positioning of the elements, but it's a bit less clean... Unfortunately, without a link to the page, I can't analyze the CSS of your website and thus can't provide the correct CSS.
The clean way to do it is to move the code of the arrows from the "show" file to the "show_default" file of the view "product" via the menu Display>Views.
But it's not simple if you're not a developer.
Another simpler solution is to use CSS to move the positioning of the elements, but it's a bit less clean... Unfortunately, without a link to the page, I can't analyze the CSS of your website and thus can't provide the correct CSS.
The following user(s) said Thank You: boopoo
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 3 months ago #161372
by boopoo
Replied by boopoo on topic Position of "Shortcuts to other category prosucts"
Hi again,
Actually if I can get the 'product category' to display in the breadcrumb then that would be best solution. The product category has never displayed in the breadcrumbs, only the product (image attached).
Do you know how I can get the product category to display in the breadcrumb?
Thanks again
Actually if I can get the 'product category' to display in the breadcrumb then that would be best solution. The product category has never displayed in the breadcrumbs, only the product (image attached).
Do you know how I can get the product category to display in the breadcrumb?
Thanks again
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 3 months ago #161411
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Position of "Shortcuts to other category prosucts"
Hi,
Turn off the "simplified breadcrumb" option of the configuration and that will add a cateogry_pathway parameter to the product URLs which will allow the system to add the category in the breadcrumb.
Turn off the "simplified breadcrumb" option of the configuration and that will add a cateogry_pathway parameter to the product URLs which will allow the system to add the category in the breadcrumb.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 3 months ago #161571
by boopoo
Replied by boopoo on topic Position of "Shortcuts to other category prosucts"
Hi Nicolas,
Thanks. I did turn off the simplified breadcrumbs (image attached) but it still does not show the categories. I've deleted all cache etc but I must be missing something. Any ideas? I will send you a link to my site by PM, as I do not want it on the public forum.
Cheers
Thanks. I did turn off the simplified breadcrumbs (image attached) but it still does not show the categories. I've deleted all cache etc but I must be missing something. Any ideas? I will send you a link to my site by PM, as I do not want it on the public forum.
Cheers
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 3 months ago #161635
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Position of "Shortcuts to other category prosucts"
Hi,
Then It might means that you set a canonical URL in your product. Because of that, the canonical URL is used instead of the dynamically generated URL. Try to remove the canonical URL for a product and see how it goes.
Then It might means that you set a canonical URL in your product. Because of that, the canonical URL is used instead of the dynamically generated URL. Try to remove the canonical URL for a product and see how it goes.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.156 seconds