- Posts: 18
- Thank you received: 2
Imported category tree
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #165416
by Head
Imported category tree was created by Head
-- url of the page with the problem -- : local
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.2
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.1
-- PHP version -- : 5.5.12
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Any
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : 404
Hi,
I've imported a complete category tree, with a lot of categories, yesterday – worked like a charm! But I've discovered an issue. There are categories with special chars (German Umlaute: ä, ü, ö, ß). When I try to open one of these categories in the frontend i get a 404. The URL generated by Joomla/Hika is fine (e.g.: Kostüme > http://xxx/kostueme). I have figured out that open the category in Backend and save it solves the 404, because the alias field is empty in the database after the import.
Do you have any idea how i can automate the generation of the category alias?
Regards
Carsten
Edit: Sorry, missed the right category for this thread
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.2
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.1
-- PHP version -- : 5.5.12
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Any
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : 404
Hi,
I've imported a complete category tree, with a lot of categories, yesterday – worked like a charm! But I've discovered an issue. There are categories with special chars (German Umlaute: ä, ü, ö, ß). When I try to open one of these categories in the frontend i get a 404. The URL generated by Joomla/Hika is fine (e.g.: Kostüme > http://xxx/kostueme). I have figured out that open the category in Backend and save it solves the 404, because the alias field is empty in the database after the import.
Do you have any idea how i can automate the generation of the category alias?
Regards
Carsten
Edit: Sorry, missed the right category for this thread
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by Head. Reason: Sorry...
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 2 months ago #165447
by Head
Replied by Head on topic Imported category tree
I solved it by myself with a simple script.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 2 months ago #165434
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Imported category tree
Hi,
There is no option to automate the alias creation.
An easy alternative is to turn off the option "Remove products and categories id in URLs" of the configuration.
That way, the system will base itself on the category id, and not the category name/alias in order to know the category to use.
There is no option to automate the alias creation.
An easy alternative is to turn off the option "Remove products and categories id in URLs" of the configuration.
That way, the system will base itself on the category id, and not the category name/alias in order to know the category to use.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.173 seconds