- Posts: 272
- Thank you received: 7
Shipping calculated before login / registration
12 years 2 months ago #165556
by boopoo
Shipping calculated before login / registration was created by boopoo
-- url of the page with the problem -- :
mywebsite.com/mypage
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.5.24
-- Joomla version -- : 2.3.2
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.28
Hello,
I have an issue with Hikashop which I do not fully understand. I would like your help.
I have setup my checkout workflow so the cart is shown first, before login or registration (quite a normal checkout workflow on many e-commerce sites).
When the customer gets to the cart, it has a shipping rate already displayed in the cart (before customer has even logged in or registered). The shipping costs should either not be shown in the cart at this point, or should be set to 0. Why is it offering shipping at this point when it does not know where the customer is based?
This is a problem, as we ship worldwide. The cart should only offer shipping rates after a user has logged in or registered.
You help/time would be greatly appreciated.
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.5.24
-- Joomla version -- : 2.3.2
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.28
Hello,
I have an issue with Hikashop which I do not fully understand. I would like your help.
I have setup my checkout workflow so the cart is shown first, before login or registration (quite a normal checkout workflow on many e-commerce sites).
When the customer gets to the cart, it has a shipping rate already displayed in the cart (before customer has even logged in or registered). The shipping costs should either not be shown in the cart at this point, or should be set to 0. Why is it offering shipping at this point when it does not know where the customer is based?
This is a problem, as we ship worldwide. The cart should only offer shipping rates after a user has logged in or registered.
You help/time would be greatly appreciated.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 2 months ago #165580
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Shipping calculated before login / registration
Hi,
The shipping will be calculated automatically based on the "main zone" that you configured in your HikaShop configuration if the option "auto-select shipping and payment methods" of the configuration is turned on.
The shipping will be calculated automatically based on the "main zone" that you configured in your HikaShop configuration if the option "auto-select shipping and payment methods" of the configuration is turned on.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #165640
by boopoo
Replied by boopoo on topic Shipping calculated before login / registration
Hi Nicolas,
Thank you for explaining this. Very much appreciated.
I have asked another question on this on the previous thread: www.hikashop.com/support/forum/install-u...electing.html#165648
Thank you for explaining this. Very much appreciated.
I have asked another question on this on the previous thread: www.hikashop.com/support/forum/install-u...electing.html#165648
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by boopoo. Reason: update with thread URL
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 6 months ago #235001
by hielkio
Replied by hielkio on topic Shipping calculated before login / registration
Hi folks,
I'm running into a same sort of problem / question.
We have 2 options for shipping.
1. Ensured shipping (€20,95) based on a warehouse
2. Delivery with installation service (price is based on state / province)
The 2nd option gets visible after a customer has filled in all of the information.
Isn't it possible to show the field by default and gets calculated / changed when the State / province field is changed? Or a separate button to calculate?
I'm running into a same sort of problem / question.
We have 2 options for shipping.
1. Ensured shipping (€20,95) based on a warehouse
2. Delivery with installation service (price is based on state / province)
The 2nd option gets visible after a customer has filled in all of the information.
Isn't it possible to show the field by default and gets calculated / changed when the State / province field is changed? Or a separate button to calculate?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
10 years 6 months ago #235011
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Shipping calculated before login / registration
Hello,
Your second option seems to be available only if you have filled all your customer informations (shipping address), so a solution can just be to add an "Address" step before your "Shipping" step, so that your 2nd shipping method will always be displayed with the correct price.
Your second option seems to be available only if you have filled all your customer informations (shipping address), so a solution can just be to add an "Address" step before your "Shipping" step, so that your 2nd shipping method will always be displayed with the correct price.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 6 months ago #235063
by hielkio
Replied by hielkio on topic Shipping calculated before login / registration
Mohamed, could you be more specific?
How do I achieve this? I can't figure it out
How do I achieve this? I can't figure it out
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 6 months ago #235133
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Shipping calculated before login / registration
Hi,
You need to use the "checkout workflow" setting of the HikaShop configuration for that.
Here is a tutorial on that:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/2...eckout-workflow.html
You need to use the "checkout workflow" setting of the HikaShop configuration for that.
Here is a tutorial on that:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/2...eckout-workflow.html
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 6 months ago #235250
by hielkio
Replied by hielkio on topic Shipping calculated before login / registration
Ok, I figured it out 
But, I don't want customers to fill in the complete address form, before they see the shipping option.
That's not a solution
The shipping method is based on 1 thing, the Province. A customer needs to know the shipping costs before registering. Otherwise we lose customers.
The customer doesn't know there is an installation Service, or if he / she knows about it, they think it's not an option on this product.
But, I don't want customers to fill in the complete address form, before they see the shipping option.
That's not a solution
The customer doesn't know there is an installation Service, or if he / she knows about it, they think it's not an option on this product.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 6 months ago #235251
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Shipping calculated before login / registration
Well, we don't have a something yet to ask only parcelar information to the customer to calculate dynamically the shipping fee.
That's something we want to add in the future, but for now it's not possible, unless you write some custom code to handle it.
You can contact our partners for that if you need someone to do it for you:
www.hikashop.com/home/our-partners.html
That's something we want to add in the future, but for now it's not possible, unless you write some custom code to handle it.
You can contact our partners for that if you need someone to do it for you:
www.hikashop.com/home/our-partners.html
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 5 months ago #238119
by hielkio
Replied by hielkio on topic Shipping calculated before login / registration
I think I figured out a sort of work/around, but missing something 
When I use the advanced workflow edition, I'd like to place only the Zip / Post code field before the other fields,
so a customer needs a short time of effort to fill in the post code, afterwards, the system should show / log
this field and the custom field would be calculated.
So, the main question here is, how can I place a custom field (not the complete address package) in
the advanced workflow edition? I really think many customers could use such a thing (there are many things to
calculate / check before the actual checkout)
Hielke
When I use the advanced workflow edition, I'd like to place only the Zip / Post code field before the other fields,
so a customer needs a short time of effort to fill in the post code, afterwards, the system should show / log
this field and the custom field would be calculated.
So, the main question here is, how can I place a custom field (not the complete address package) in
the advanced workflow edition? I really think many customers could use such a thing (there are many things to
calculate / check before the actual checkout)
Hielke
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 5 months ago #238121
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Shipping calculated before login / registration
Adding a custom view to fill the piece of the address you need will require a custom plugin to be written using the checkout API of HikaShop:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/6...r-documentation.html
That's indeed a solution, but it still requires a developer to develop such plugin.
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/6...r-documentation.html
That's indeed a solution, but it still requires a developer to develop such plugin.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.190 seconds