- Posts: 158
- Thank you received: 6
Import of Variants Shows on Frontend not Backend
- artisanwebandprint
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
12 years 2 months ago #165819
by artisanwebandprint
-- url of the page with the problem -- :
offerings.myartisanweb.com
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.2
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.3
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.28
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : all
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : None
Hello,
I just successfully imported my products into the website. Everything looks good except for the rings which have a ring size or variant. I've discovered a strange occurrence, the correct ring size variant shows up on the front end of the website but does not show up under characteristics on the backend. I see it in the database as a variant (child to the main product ID) so I decided to do some testing to see why it's not showing up under "characteristics" in the backend. I selected to add the characteristic "Ring Size" then set a quantity in stock for one of the ring sizes manually to see the difference in the database entry. The only difference is the quantity. For the imported variant, it shows a quantity of -1 and for the manually added variant characteristic it showed a positive number, in this case 1 which I set it to.
It's almost as if the import isn't telling the product to add the characteristic "Ring Size".
I've attached the Ring spreadsheet so you could take a look and let me know what I've done wrong.
Getting close!
Dawn
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.2
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.3
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.28
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : all
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : None
Hello,
I just successfully imported my products into the website. Everything looks good except for the rings which have a ring size or variant. I've discovered a strange occurrence, the correct ring size variant shows up on the front end of the website but does not show up under characteristics on the backend. I see it in the database as a variant (child to the main product ID) so I decided to do some testing to see why it's not showing up under "characteristics" in the backend. I selected to add the characteristic "Ring Size" then set a quantity in stock for one of the ring sizes manually to see the difference in the database entry. The only difference is the quantity. For the imported variant, it shows a quantity of -1 and for the manually added variant characteristic it showed a positive number, in this case 1 which I set it to.
It's almost as if the import isn't telling the product to add the characteristic "Ring Size".
I've attached the Ring spreadsheet so you could take a look and let me know what I've done wrong.
Getting close!
Dawn
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 2 months ago #165883
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Import of Variants Shows on Frontend not Backend
Hi,
Your CSV is incompleted.
You have to provide a "Ring Size" value for the main product too, in order to specify the default value and link the product with the characteristic.
Please be sure that your characteristic already exist before the import. The import will not create the characteristics (it can not make the difference between what will be a characteristic or what will be a custom field, so it can not create them).
Regards,
Your CSV is incompleted.
You have to provide a "Ring Size" value for the main product too, in order to specify the default value and link the product with the characteristic.
Please be sure that your characteristic already exist before the import. The import will not create the characteristics (it can not make the difference between what will be a characteristic or what will be a custom field, so it can not create them).
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- artisanwebandprint
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 158
- Thank you received: 6
12 years 1 month ago #167324
by artisanwebandprint
Replied by artisanwebandprint on topic Import of Variants Shows on Frontend not Backend
Hello,
I have updated my CSV and it works now. It was a lot of work, but it works, thank you. I've attached the working CSV for others to see. The example is Rings with variants being the sizes 4-11.
Best,
Dawn
I have updated my CSV and it works now. It was a lot of work, but it works, thank you. I've attached the working CSV for others to see. The example is Rings with variants being the sizes 4-11.
Best,
Dawn
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jerome
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.228 seconds