starter to business upgrade issue's
- woogerboy21
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
12 years 1 month ago #169371
by woogerboy21
starter to business upgrade issue's was created by woogerboy21
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.2
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : "Error
There was an error uploading this file to the server."
I just purchased the hikashop business edition and am attempting to upgrade my starter edition. I have downloaded both the .zip and .tar.gz (for troubleshooting) and when I attempt to install either using the joomla extension installer by uploading either file I receive the message:
"Error
There was an error uploading this file to the server."
I don't believe there is any type of permission issue (though it may be possible) since I have been able to actually upload and install other extensions using the same method.
Any help on pointing me in the direction I need to go to find out why the upgrade isn't installing correctly?
(note: the starter edition is working fine and has been for some time now. ive been very happy with the product)
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : "Error
There was an error uploading this file to the server."
I just purchased the hikashop business edition and am attempting to upgrade my starter edition. I have downloaded both the .zip and .tar.gz (for troubleshooting) and when I attempt to install either using the joomla extension installer by uploading either file I receive the message:
"Error
There was an error uploading this file to the server."
I don't believe there is any type of permission issue (though it may be possible) since I have been able to actually upload and install other extensions using the same method.
Any help on pointing me in the direction I need to go to find out why the upgrade isn't installing correctly?
(note: the starter edition is working fine and has been for some time now. ive been very happy with the product)
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- woogerboy21
-
Topic Author
- Offline
12 years 1 month ago #169373
by woogerboy21
Replied by woogerboy21 on topic starter to business upgrade issue's
Further testing...
When I manually upload the files and tell the joomla site to install using a directory I receive the following errors:
Warning
JInstaller: :Install: Cannot find XML setup file
Error
Path does not have a valid package.
When I manually upload the files and tell the joomla site to install using a directory I receive the following errors:
Warning
JInstaller: :Install: Cannot find XML setup file
Error
Path does not have a valid package.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- woogerboy21
-
Topic Author
- Offline
12 years 1 month ago #169374
by woogerboy21
Replied by woogerboy21 on topic starter to business upgrade issue's
Ok, managed to get it installed using the ftp method listed in the documentation.
Could some one on the hikashop team please fix the actual installation so that you can simply upload the .tar.gz or .zip file and have the installation occur successfully?
Thanks.
Could some one on the hikashop team please fix the actual installation so that you can simply upload the .tar.gz or .zip file and have the installation occur successfully?
Thanks.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 1 month ago #169376
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic starter to business upgrade issue's
Hi,
The problem is not from the HikaShop package but from :
- The joomla installation system which does not provide a comprehensible message when the package file is not uploaded correctly in the server
- Your PHP upload limitation which is set to 2MB when the HikaShop business package is around 3MB
We really don't see what we can done to fix that problems which are not related to the HikaShop packages.
Regards,
The problem is not from the HikaShop package but from :
- The joomla installation system which does not provide a comprehensible message when the package file is not uploaded correctly in the server
- Your PHP upload limitation which is set to 2MB when the HikaShop business package is around 3MB
We really don't see what we can done to fix that problems which are not related to the HikaShop packages.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.173 seconds