Skip to main content

Want to configure zone information

More
12 years 1 month ago #169821 by magicwords
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.2
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.2
-- PHP version -- : 5.5.15
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Google Chrome

I have created custom fields for checkout registration page to accept second address. But there is a problem. There are State and Country selectors in both address 1 field and address 2 field. Here, it seems that selecting country in address 1 field effects the 'State' selector in address 2. I want both the country selectors (in address 1 and address 2) to perform separately and individually for that particular address fields.

When i tried to play around, I only see the custom field editing and there I can't see any such setting. I also thought of adding extra 'Type' in Zone Information. But I don't know how to add extra 'Type'.

Any valuable and useful solution on this will be much appreciated.

Thanks in Advance,

Gaurav

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 weeks ago #169829 by Xavier
Hi,

Why not use the shipping address too ? This way you can have two different addresses.
If your products don't have weight, you can enable to force the shipping regardless of the weight.

Else you can potentially create this second address with the custom fields in the user table.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 weeks ago #169969 by magicwords
Hi Xavier,

Thank you so much for your kind reply. However please note my queries based on your suggestion:

Why not use the shipping address too ? This way you can have two different addresses.


I tried to do that through checkout work flow, but when the customer comes on checkout registration page, he only sees the one address. Does that mean he has to use the login-registration to be able to use two addresses? At present I have only activated the GUEST checkout function.

Secondly, after trying the above method, I already have created custom fields. But the problem with custom fields is the state is not getting updated in second address. That is by using custom fields, now there is address section 1, which is default address by hikashop and address section 2 (created with the help of custom fields). When user select country from address section 1, it automatically affects the state in address section 2. For example, if USA is selected as country in address 1, then simultaneously in address 2, user can't select any other states than in the USA.

I hope you get my concern and hoping to get positive guidance.

Gaurav

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 weeks ago #169978 by Xavier
Hi,

At first there is ony one address asked, but once clicked on "next" button, it display the address form for the billing address and the one for the shipping.

You have to enable the option "Force shipping regardless of weight" in Configuration > Checkout > Shipping & payment.

If you use the custom fields, there is indeed that problem, the country field don't really knwo which state field to edit, so it edit the first one each time. That's why I suggest to create the custom fields in the "user" table and not in the "address" one.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 weeks ago #170089 by magicwords
Ok so can I just disable the initial address screen and directly show billing & shipping address?

Please guide me if this is possible, this will save my efforts.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 weeks ago #170099 by Xavier
Hi,

It's not working like that by default, and we have no options for that, so it will require view editions and remove some checks in the controller (core file). Good PHP skills are requried.

I note on our todo list to improve this part by adding an option.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.185 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum