- Posts: 28
- Thank you received: 0
Import categories, categories_ordering not working
12 years 3 weeks ago #170839
by Cedwyn
Import categories, categories_ordering not working was created by Cedwyn
-- HikaShop version -- : latest
-- Joomla version -- : latest
-- PHP version -- : latest
I can't get ordering to work (at least in displaying on the back-end). I have a few categories at the top of my list while the rest are alphabetical so I can't use the sort feature in the display view.
When I import my categories, I have the categories_ordering field increasing from 1.
Ie.
categories_ordering,categories_namekey,parent_category,categories,categories_image
1,New_Items,,New Items,
2,Aroma,,Aroma,
3,Aroma-Aromatherapy,Aroma,Aromatherapy,
4,Aroma-Bath,Aroma,Bath,
5,Aroma-Burners,Aroma,Burners,
6,Aroma-Essences,Aroma,Essences,
... snip ...
150
However when I load the categories backend, all the ordering is set to 0.
-- Joomla version -- : latest
-- PHP version -- : latest
I can't get ordering to work (at least in displaying on the back-end). I have a few categories at the top of my list while the rest are alphabetical so I can't use the sort feature in the display view.
When I import my categories, I have the categories_ordering field increasing from 1.
Ie.
categories_ordering,categories_namekey,parent_category,categories,categories_image
1,New_Items,,New Items,
2,Aroma,,Aroma,
3,Aroma-Aromatherapy,Aroma,Aromatherapy,
4,Aroma-Bath,Aroma,Bath,
5,Aroma-Burners,Aroma,Burners,
6,Aroma-Essences,Aroma,Essences,
... snip ...
150
However when I load the categories backend, all the ordering is set to 0.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 2 weeks ago #170921
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Import categories, categories_ordering not working
Hi,
The categories_ordering column allows you to provide the order of the product in the category and not the ordering of the category in its parent category.
There is actually no option to give the ordering of the category via CSV.
However, the categories will be inserted in the order you put them in the CSV and their category_id will thus increment in the same order.
And if you don't provide any ordering for the categories, the system uses automatically the category_id for the order of display, like you can see on your backend (they are listed in the correct order, that you put them in your CSV).
So there is basically nothing to do here. You can just remove the categories_ordering column in your CSV as it won't do anything in your case.
The categories_ordering column allows you to provide the order of the product in the category and not the ordering of the category in its parent category.
There is actually no option to give the ordering of the category via CSV.
However, the categories will be inserted in the order you put them in the CSV and their category_id will thus increment in the same order.
And if you don't provide any ordering for the categories, the system uses automatically the category_id for the order of display, like you can see on your backend (they are listed in the correct order, that you put them in your CSV).
So there is basically nothing to do here. You can just remove the categories_ordering column in your CSV as it won't do anything in your case.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cedwyn
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 2 weeks ago #170976
by Cedwyn
Replied by Cedwyn on topic Import categories, categories_ordering not working
Ah, gotcha - I'll order by IDs then, thanks!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.139 seconds