Skip to main content

Loyalty Points

More
12 years 1 week ago #172554 by Holmes-Pierce
Loyalty Points was created by Holmes-Pierce
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.2

Hello,

I'm testing alpha user points at the moment for loyalty points on the website. Is it possible with either hikashop points or AUP to have a tiered system that rewards the customer depending on the amount of points they have accrued over a year. i.e. if you acquire 500 points over the year, you receive 50% more on each future order etc..

Thanks,
Hal

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 week ago #172560 by Jerome
Replied by Jerome on topic Loyalty Points
Hi,

If you want to have custom rules, I think you can make a plugin for AUP in order to deal with the number of points that a customer earn. But it is more a question for Alpha User Points than for HikaShop.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 days ago #173316 by Holmes-Pierce
Replied by Holmes-Pierce on topic Loyalty Points
Hello again,

I've found 2 problems with the points system:

1) The 'final amount' isn't being pushed through to Paypal, which is my only payment method. Hikashop deletes the points from the users alpha points account, but doesn't show the discount at the Paypal end...

2) Instead of awarding points on the final amount, which is what I need. It awards points based on the unit price. I have taken a screenshot of what I mean. I want them to earn 28 points rather than 29 points.

Thanks,
Hal

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 days ago - 12 years 6 days ago #173318 by Jerome
Replied by Jerome on topic Loyalty Points
Hi,

1. Please deactivate the option "Send details of the order" in your paypal plugin configuration.
The problem is not in the point system but in the "order details" sent by the paypal plugin.

2. Depending your configuration, yes the content of the cart and not the final total will be used.
But the problem is not there ; the plugin does not take in consideration the discount made by the points.
There is a option called "Don't give points when using some" which is there for that purpose.
But yes, we can see to remove the value of the discount made by points when we process the number of points that the user will earn. I'll add it in our TODO list.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Last edit: 12 years 6 days ago by Jerome.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 days ago #173434 by Holmes-Pierce
Replied by Holmes-Pierce on topic Loyalty Points
Thank you for your reply,

1) Thanks, this did work. Ideally though I would like a solution whereby I could have the send the order details and have the discount pushed to Paypal. I think its nice for the customer to see what they are buying at the Paypal page and its easier for me when it comes to shipping the products. Will this ever be possible?

2) I want to be able to give points when the customer is using some. I want the value of the points to coincide with the discount being given. I would like to see the number of points the customer earns to be reduced to a level that reflects the actual amount they're spending. Is there anything I can do to help?

Thanks,
Hal

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 days ago #173435 by Jerome
Replied by Jerome on topic Loyalty Points
Hi,

I had some time (which is becoming rare) and I made the modifications in the plugin ; it will be include in the next HikaShop release (2.3.4).

In the plugin "hikashop/userpoints/userpoints.php" please replace
Code:
if($this->plugin_params->currency_rate != 0) { $points += $calculatedPrice / $this->plugin_params->currency_rate; }
by
Code:
if(!empty($order->additional['userpoints'])) { $calculatedPrice -= (float)$order->additional['userpoints']->price_value; } if($this->plugin_params->currency_rate != 0) { $points += $calculatedPrice / $this->plugin_params->currency_rate; }
It should allow you to wait until the HikaShop release (where the modification will be different and where you will have a specific option to activate the feature).

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Holmes-Pierce

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 days ago #173740 by Holmes-Pierce
Replied by Holmes-Pierce on topic Loyalty Points
Thats brilliant, thank you very much. If someone else wants the same as I did, I needed to change the - to +

if(!empty($order->additional)) {
$calculatedPrice -= (float)$order->additional->price_value;

to

if(!empty($order->additional)) {
$calculatedPrice += (float)$order->additional->price_value;

Thanks again!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 days ago #173741 by Holmes-Pierce
Replied by Holmes-Pierce on topic Loyalty Points
Will it be possible to push the information to Paypal and have the discount applied in future versions?

Thanks,
Hal

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 days ago #173748 by Jerome
Replied by Jerome on topic Loyalty Points
Hi,

Holmes-Pierce wrote: if(!empty($order->additional))
$calculatedPrice += (float)$order->additional->price_value;

Right !
My fault, the price is negative in the "price_value", so we have to add it.
The modification of the "user points" plugin will be in the next HikaShop release.
For the paypal plugin modification, I'll transfer the request to the person in charge.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Holmes-Pierce

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 11 months ago #176364 by Holmes-Pierce
Replied by Holmes-Pierce on topic Loyalty Points
Sorry, me again.

Although the points earned show as the correct amount, unfortunately the points that they get is still based on the subtotal.

I've had a customer that has just used 50 points giving a discount of £5 on the order

Subtotal £50
Discount £5
Total £45

Now although it said she would be awarded 45 points, it actually gave her 50.

Thanks,
Hal

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 11 months ago #176389 by Jerome
Replied by Jerome on topic Loyalty Points
Hi,

Can you please provide a screenshot of your plugin configuration ?

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 11 months ago #176628 by Holmes-Pierce
Replied by Holmes-Pierce on topic Loyalty Points
HI Jerome,

Please find attached screenshots and the message from the checkout. In this instance it says that you will receive 55 points, but after confirmation the customer is awarded with 60.

Thanks,
Hal

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 11 months ago #176671 by Jerome
Replied by Jerome on topic Loyalty Points
Hi,

Please update HikaShop with the latest version ( 2.3.4 ) ; it contains improvements for the plugin "HikaShop - user points" about the processing and of the earn points when using points discount in the same time.
www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...ashop-changelog.html

We improved the "user points" plugin with a new mode for the "give points when using some" option


Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 11 months ago #177026 by Holmes-Pierce
Replied by Holmes-Pierce on topic Loyalty Points
Hi Jerome,

There is still the same problem.

The message is correct, but the actual points you get is wrong. i.e. the message says you will earn 45 points, but you actually get 50...

Thanks,
Hal

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 11 months ago #177100 by Jerome
Replied by Jerome on topic Loyalty Points
Hi,

Can you please provide the screenshot of the "hikashop / user points" configuration with the new version ?
The new plugin have now 3 values for the option "give points when using some".

It is weird that the value is different before and after the order processing ; it is the same function which is used.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 11 months ago #177149 by Holmes-Pierce
Replied by Holmes-Pierce on topic Loyalty Points
Please find attachments. I have also included the configuration of the rule within AUP.

I only realised when I checked someones account and they had earned 50 instead of 45 that I started to investigate...

Please feel free to take a look for yourself.

Thanks,
Hal

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 11 months ago #177174 by Jerome
Replied by Jerome on topic Loyalty Points
Hi,

Please edit the file "plugins/hikashop/userpoints/userpoints.php" and replace
Code:
if(!empty($this->plugin_params->notgivewhenuse) && (int)$this->plugin_params->notgivewhenuse == 2 && !empty($order->additional['userpoints'])) { $calculatedPrice += (float)$order->additional['userpoints']->price_value; }
By
Code:
if(!empty($this->plugin_params->notgivewhenuse) && (int)$this->plugin_params->notgivewhenuse == 2 && !empty($order->additional['userpoints'])) $calculatedPrice += (float)$order->additional['userpoints']->price_value; if(!empty($this->plugin_params->notgivewhenuse) && (int)$this->plugin_params->notgivewhenuse == 2 && !empty($order->cart->additional['userpoints'])) $calculatedPrice += (float)$order->cart->additional['userpoints']->price_value;
It should fix the context problem.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 11 months ago #177217 by Holmes-Pierce
Replied by Holmes-Pierce on topic Loyalty Points
Brill,

Thats done the trick.

Thank you!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.282 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum