- Posts: 101
- Thank you received: 12
update from old hikashop version
11 years 11 months ago #175953
by SG
update from old hikashop version was created by SG
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.3
-- Joomla version -- : 2.5.14
Hi,
I have 2.1.3 and I'd like to update to the newest version 2.3.3.
I have made changes to the VIEWS.
Can I keep my altered VIEWS?
Is there anything else I should take into account before updating.
Maybe other things will be overridden that I should take note of.
I will make a backup with akeeba before I do it and I will do it locally or on a demo domain to test.
I'm not sure if there is anything else I should think of.
Thanks in advance!
Greets
-- Joomla version -- : 2.5.14
Hi,
I have 2.1.3 and I'd like to update to the newest version 2.3.3.
I have made changes to the VIEWS.
Can I keep my altered VIEWS?
Is there anything else I should take into account before updating.
Maybe other things will be overridden that I should take note of.
I will make a backup with akeeba before I do it and I will do it locally or on a demo domain to test.
I'm not sure if there is anything else I should think of.
Thanks in advance!
Greets
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
11 years 11 months ago #175959
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic update from old hikashop version
Hello,
Note that by re-installing Hikashop, you won't loose any information. It will just update the files and add new columns in the database if required.
Your views overrides, css overrides, language, configuration, orders, products will stay intact.
But be careful if you have modified directly an HikaShop file and you didn't use the backend interface for that. Because you could loose your modifications.
Making a backup is always a good security
.
Note that by re-installing Hikashop, you won't loose any information. It will just update the files and add new columns in the database if required.
Your views overrides, css overrides, language, configuration, orders, products will stay intact.
But be careful if you have modified directly an HikaShop file and you didn't use the backend interface for that. Because you could loose your modifications.
Making a backup is always a good security
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.139 seconds