- Posts: 32
- Thank you received: 0
Update
- piotreczek100
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
11 years 11 months ago #176782
by piotreczek100
Update was created by piotreczek100
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.3
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.6
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.27
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : hello.
I have a question about the update. Or compulsorily need to update the component or simply just some files? I have a lot of changes in the component and override the component by installing all the files spoil me what so far pozmieniałem
How to deal with this problem?
hello.
I have a question about the update. Or compulsorily need to update the component or simply just some files? I have a lot of changes in the component and override the component by installing all the files spoil me what so far pozmieniałem
How to deal with this problem?
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.6
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.27
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : hello.
I have a question about the update. Or compulsorily need to update the component or simply just some files? I have a lot of changes in the component and override the component by installing all the files spoil me what so far pozmieniałem
hello.
I have a question about the update. Or compulsorily need to update the component or simply just some files? I have a lot of changes in the component and override the component by installing all the files spoil me what so far pozmieniałem
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
11 years 11 months ago #176793
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Update
Hello,
Note that by re-installing Hikashop, you won't loose any information. It will just update the files and add new columns in the database if required.
Your views overrides, css overrides, language, configuration, orders, products will stay intact.
But be careful if you have modified directly an HikaShop file and you didn't use the backend interface for that. Because you could loose your modifications.
Making a backup is always a good security
.
Note that by re-installing Hikashop, you won't loose any information. It will just update the files and add new columns in the database if required.
Your views overrides, css overrides, language, configuration, orders, products will stay intact.
But be careful if you have modified directly an HikaShop file and you didn't use the backend interface for that. Because you could loose your modifications.
Making a backup is always a good security
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- piotreczek100
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 32
- Thank you received: 0
11 years 11 months ago #176887
by piotreczek100
Replied by piotreczek100 on topic Update
Well I mean that, for example changed the look of the prices with the php file and that after the update I have to make zmieny again.
Therefore, I would like to know if it is possible to manually install eg by adding a few lines of code to the page that I need to do a whole?
Therefore, I would like to know if it is possible to manually install eg by adding a few lines of code to the page that I need to do a whole?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 11 months ago #176906
by nicolas
Hi,
HikaShop updates are big and modify a lot of files. You can't just patch some files and not others if you update. You need to do the full update which will replace all the core files of HikaShop.
HikaShop updates are big and modify a lot of files. You can't just patch some files and not others if you update. You need to do the full update which will replace all the core files of HikaShop.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.182 seconds